SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Southeast Louisiana Game Thread

fightingsioux4life

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, there have been some inflated expectations on this and other discussion forums since NDSU moved up and started having success right away. Our fans caught the fever from our friends to the south and we started dreaming a little too big too soon. But that's why we are fans, after all.

Look at you two sandbagging :) Seriously, though, I think most Sioux fans would have been happy to write NDSU off as an anomaly (though still would have been envious). However, that NDSU *and* SDSU became reasonably successful, ranked teams during their transitions suggested to me that the gap between the top of DII and I-AA wasn't as big as I thought (though I, admittedly, previously thought it was huge).

I do agree with your points about our team having entirely been recruited for D-II, and would add that we aren't yet feeling the recruiting effects of a massive increase in scholarships. There's certainly no guarantee that those will give UND similar success (UNC is a fine counterexample), but I don't think its unreasonable for fans to be hopefully and perhaps even optimistic about UND's future in FCS.