SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Not to mention the night he went after chris neil for a late hit on Drury... I think Stafford is doing well to solidify his place in the Sabres lineup

That is a very tough line-up to crack. Injuries are creating an opportunity and Stafford looks to take it.

zpar vs BO tonight...nice (2/3 of the MONEY line on the ice)

any word on brady murray as well, i heard he may sign with the kings soon, anyone else here this?

A month and a half ago, that's what Andy Murray told the Devils' announcers in a pre-game interview. I'm guessing that if it is going to happen, they'll wait until the offseason.

Should be fun to watch Bo and Zach go at it tonight. Would be fun to see their lines matched up against one another.

Brings back memories (from my Dec. 27, 2002 USCHO recap)...

Sometimes goal scorers just have one of those nights.

In the second game of the Subway Holiday Classic at Ralph Engelstad Arena on Friday, North Dakota forward Brandon Bochenski had one of those games. In scoring four of five Sioux goals in a 5-2 nonconference victory over visiting Brown, it seemed as if everything he put on net went in

That is a very tough line-up to crack. Injuries are creating an opportunity and Stafford looks to take it.

I have a buddy in Buffalo who's a huge Sabres fan and periodically sends me info about former Sioux players. This came this morning 3/5:

Stafford may not see Rochester anytime soon

By Tim Graham

Updated: 03/05/07 7:39 AM

All those injured forwards are going to heal at some point and get re-inserted into the Buffalo Sabres lineup. One after another, prospects will get dispatched back to Rochester.

Except, almost certainly, for Drew Stafford. The rookie winger has made an emphatic case that he should never play another game in the minors.

I like what this article says about his patience. The goal he scored in New Hampshire comes to mind. He seemingly waited forever until the goalie had taken himself out of the play and finished from a sharp angle. The goalie had to clean out his breezers after that.