SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Smaby just had his first shift.....and it lasted for 1:25....thats a pretty good shift.

he was very shaky as well. nerves on the very first shift! they couldnt get the puck out of his own zone for a minute,thats why his shift was so long :huh:

Watching the Devils/Lightning game tonight, did anyone else notice a change in Zajac's play from last year.

He has a ton more confidence, appears to be stronger and faster. I'm thinking he's going to put up some decent numbers feeding Gionta and Parise all year.

I am just waiting for RedWing_77 to say the Wild are boring :huh:

Didn't watch the game.

I was instead watching the Cubs tank.

Why the HELL do I do this to myself? Get optimistic... elation at making the postseason.... and then just when I think the Cubs have a shot, WHAM-O! Same old Cubs of 99 straight years. JEEBUS! You'd think Cub fans would learn after 99 years of losing!

Didn't watch the game.

I was instead watching the Cubs tank.

Why the HELL do I do this to myself? Get optimistic... elation at making the postseason.... and then just when I think the Cubs have a shot, WHAM-O! Same old Cubs of 99 straight years. JEEBUS! You'd think Cub fans would learn after 99 years of losing!

Even though I absolutely hope the Cubs get destroyed since I'm a Brewers fan, you still have 5 more innings to tie up the series.

Even though I absolutely hope the Cubs get destroyed since I'm a Brewers fan, you still have 5 more innings to tie up the series.

nah, its not going to happen :huh: a young gritty team that doesnt know any better play so loose and the cubs have a 99 year old piano on their backs and a few goats baaaaaahaaaaaaing around the stadium tonight, lou blew it last night. you have to ride with your horse in game 1 on the road. big mistake. d backs in 4 games!

couldnt make it tonight, wish i could have. nothing like playoff or world series baseball live!

but doug davis is on the mound, he will give up more runs, just hope then you can score more than 6

The Wild are boring, Goon. :huh:

They'll do fine defensively again this year. Backstrom will give up more goals than Fernandez (sophomore jinx) but he should do fine.

Notice they did very little this offseason in terms of getting scoring. The Wild will once again struggle offensively. They will not make the playoffs unless Detroit sucks (which doesn't look likely despite the fact that they look more beatable already than last season).

And AZSioux is right.

Game 1 is the important game. The winner of game 1 wins the series 70% of the time. The Cubs aren't the Boston Red Sox. There is no coming back from a 2 game deficit. I say just play all the young guys and give them playoff experience. Call it a season and look forward to next year.

The Wild are boring, Goon. :huh:

They'll do fine defensively again this year. Backstrom will give up more goals than Fernandez (sophomore jinx) but he should do fine.

Notice they did very little this offseason in terms of getting scoring. The Wild will once again struggle offensively. They will not make the playoffs unless Detroit sucks (which doesn't look likely despite the fact that they look more beatable already than last season).

And AZSioux is right.

Game 1 is the important game. The winner of game 1 wins the series 70% of the time. The Cubs aren't the Boston Red Sox. There is no coming back from a 2 game deficit. I say just play all the young guys and give them playoff experience. Call it a season and look forward to next year.

Watched the Wild game after work, the wonders of DVR. I have to say that was the best 1-0 game I have ever seen. Backstrom was on fire and the Boogey fight was pretty good as well...

Bochenski is not in the Boston lineup. Healthy scratch??

Yes, a healthy scratch. Rumor has it that he's Julien's new whipping boy. Reports have him in the doghouse for having a bad training camp. People say he's put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle but that he hasn't really adjusted to the change very well and it's affecting his play.

Yes, a healthy scratch. Rumor has it that he's Julien's new whipping boy. Reports have him in the doghouse for having a bad training camp. People say he's put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle but that he hasn't really adjusted to the change very well and it's affecting his play.

I hope bochenski didn't buy a house in the Boston area, I have a hard time believing he can't get back into the line up.

It was a pretty sweet goal by Drew.

Other Sioux news, I saw in the Carolina game that they placed Bayda on Waivers.

yeah he may have already cleared then thye will decide on him. he will liekly end up in the AHL

I hope bochenski didn't buy a house in the Boston area, I have a hard time believing he can't get back into the line up.

he better play tonight. thats half the reason im going to watch money man and jonesy. come on bruins!