SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU: Status Low

The Sicatoka

This is turning into a smack thread. I think most of the UND fans doing the smacking(see below), probably only know a little bit about UND hockey. I saw Bochenski play for Blaine, before you guys even heard of him. I went to more hockey games last year then most of you. I am a Bison alumni, and also a Golden Gopher fan. I have autographed pucks of Cliff Purpur. I have sat against the glass for the Stanley Cup finals. I have talked hockey with Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe to name a couple. I still have my ticket stub from the last Minnesota North Star game. I have my stub from the first Minnesota Wild Game. I doubt any of you know who the most famous skater to come out of the State of North Dakota was.

There are a lot of reasonable Sioux Fans on this board, and then you have ScottM, elmduf and Siouxrock(Banned).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS.  THE SEATING IN THIRD REICH ARENA IS HORRIBLE.  YOU FEEL LIKE ONE IS ESCAPING FROM THE NAZI DEATH CAMP AT THE END OF THE GAME.  NO LEG ROOM AND BUTT ROOM.  IT LOOKS GOOD THOUGH :D

I'm 6-3 and found the seats very comfortable. How wide is your butt, exactly (or is your username also the size of your jeans?).

Mantally?;)??

This is turning into a smack thread. I think most of the UND fans doing the smacking(see below), probably only know a little bit about UND hockey. I saw Bochenski play for Blaine, before you guys even heard of him. I went to more hockey games last year then most of you. I am a Bison alumni, and also a Golden Gopher fan. I have autographed pucks of Cliff Purpur. I have sat against the glass for the Stanley Cup finals. I have talked hockey with Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe to name a couple. I still have my ticket stub from the last Minnesota North Star game. I have my stub from the first Minnesota Wild Game. I doubt any of you know who the most famous skater to come out of the State of North Dakota was.

There are a lot of reasonable Sioux Fans on this board, and then you have ScottM, elmduf and Siouxrock(Banned).

Wow, so much puffery in one rant. I bet you feel so good about yourself, it much ache. I'm also glad you know how many hockey games I attended last season, as I lost count around 50 or so, Minnesota, Wild, HS, etc., not to mention the games I played.

So, what's your next move, taking out the ruler? ;)

sprig - get that north dakota chip off of your shoulder. i know, change the name of you state and people will think better of you. how about.... dakota? just a shame. if you are 6-3 and had legroom you you must have the legs of a person who is 5-8 because many people were complaining. but it is a nice arena. the x is better but it should be.

ScottM Posted on Jul 5 2003, 09:05 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, so much puffery in one rant. I bet you feel so good about yourself, it much ache. I'm also glad you know how many hockey games I attended last season, as I lost count around 50 or so, Minnesota, Wild, HS, etc., not to mention the games I played.

So, what's your next move, taking out the ruler?

The point was, you assume that NDSU means a person doesn't know hockey. 50 games is pretty good. I only expected you to say around 30. Probably saw you at a few and didn't know who you were.

sprig Posted on Jul 5 2003, 08:09 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you believe that diatribe gives you some sort of credibility concerning Sioux hockey. What's your point?

Did you gain your expansive Sioux hockey knowledge reading the autographed puck, or get hit by it when you were in the less "hockey-educational" seats that weren't "against the glass"? 

The point is I don't give a $hit about UND hockey. Just coming back at ScottM for saying Bison fans don't know hockey. UND is not the center of universe for hockey, just because hockey is the center of the universe for UND.

I am not all knowing, but I do know the most famous skater from the state of North Dakota never went to UND or played in the NHL and is not Fido Purpur. Tell me who he is, you will have my respect if you can.

If UND wants to stay D2, thats your choice, but why is there all this second guessing of SDSU and NDSU's choices of making the move to D1AA. Its like something is being threaten in UND land. Whats the problem with these gung ho Hockey fans?