SiouxSports.com Forum

2008-09 WCHA FANTASY LEAGUE

AZSIOUX

I have decided to go ahead and start up the 3rd season of WCHA FANTASY HOCKEY - there are many of you who played the first 2 seasons so you know the rules and how it goes but for you newcomers who have never played fantasy hockey or any other fantasy sport the rules go like this...

LEAGUE STARTS OCTOBER 10,11 - i will take sign ups until OCTOBER 8TH

you will PM (personal message) me through this site your NAME and your FANTASY TEAM NAME and your WCHA team you cheer for as all WCHA fans are welcome to sign up and i will input it in the roster page - I WILL ONLY ACCPET FANTASY SIGN UPS THROUGH A PM, NO EMAILS

the schedule is already up on my website www.azsioux.com to see when WCHA teams have bye weeks to help you determine who you play

no matter how many teams i get signed up the top 16 teams make the playoffs. top 16 top total points through the regular season. then you play head to head in a 4 week playoff format.

HOW TO PLAY

you pick ANY 3 wcha players every weekend and 2 team defenses - you are allowed 1 player per wcha team and any 2 team defenses.

EXAMPLE TEAM - duncan (und) stoa (um) reugsegger (du) ------- DEFENSES - UND, UM

HOW YOU SCORE

OFFENSE

GOAL= 3 POINTS

ASSIST= 1 POINT

HATRICK= 5 POINTS + TOTAL GOAL POINTS.

DEFENSE

(SHUTOUT)= 6 POINTS

(1 GOAL) = 4 POINTS

(2-3 GOALS) = 2 POINTS

(4 GOALS) = 1 POINT

(5+ GOALS) = O POINTS

EXAMPLE WEEKEND SCORING FROM EXAMPLE TEAM ABOVE

OFFENSE

duncan - 3g (hattrick friday night), 2a = 16 points

stoa - 2g, 1a = 7 points

reugsegger - 1g, 2a = 5 points

DEFENSES

und - gave up 2 goals friday and 1 goal saturday = 6 points

um - gave up 0 goals friday and 4 goals saturday = 7 points

SO YOUR TOTAL WEEKEND SCORE WOULD = 41 POINTS

there will be prizes as always for the top 3 places at the ends of the season

if you have any questions post them in this thread and either myself or someone who has played will help answer. thanks

REMEMBER PM ME TO REGISTER - YOUR NAME, FANTASY TEAM NAME, WCHA TEAM YOUR A FAN OF

ALSO VISIT www.azsioux.com for all rules and overview of the league as there are 3 pages of fantasy info

I may actually have to try this finally. Never done fantasy football or hockey before so no better time to crash and burn I guess. :D

would love to have you join, i welcome all fans of all wcha teams for sure! this is a very basic fantasy league as you have read and a great way for some fans to gain more depth regarding the wcha as a whole, the other teams and their players.

Hey az i just got 5 of my family members to join in the league you should be hearing from them soon.

very cool, i will try to update the roster page a few times a day so if a day or 2 passes and you dont see your team name listed let me know, that goes out to all players signing up. thanks

sorry if answer is posted but.......do we email or PM roster???

rosters should be PM'd or emailed to me by friday 3 pm grand forks time which will be 2 my time i believe during the season.

make sure to include your TEAM NAME when you submit rosters as there will be to many teams for me to sift through and figure that stuff out. if you dont include your team name then you will have that previous weeks roster. you dont have to change your roster at all unless there are players you are playing that have bye weeks of course. thats your job as a team owner but i have listed all bye weeks for fantasy on my website and listed here......

WCHA FANTASY PLAY WEEK and WCHA TEAMS BYE WEEKS - some weeks have 3 days as some game either fall on a thursday or sunday possibly

OCTOBER 10,11

UM - DU

OCTOBER 17,18

OCTOBER 24,25

MTU - UND - MSU

OCT/NOV 31,1

UMD - SCSU

NOVEMBER 7,8

NOVEMBER 14,15,16

NOV 21,22

NOVEMBER 28,29

UMD - UAA - SCSU

DECEMBER 5,6

UM

DECEMBER 12,13,14

UAA - UW

JANUARY 9,10

JANUARY 16,17

DU

JANUARY 23,24

UW - UM

JANUARY 30,31 (PLAYOFFS)

CC - MTU

FEBRUARY 6,7 (PLAYOFFS)

UND - MSU

FEBRUARY 13,14 (PLAYOFFS)

UW - CC - DU - UMD

FEBRUARY 20,21 (PLAYOFFS)

SCSU - MSU

SEASON OVER THANKS FOR PLAYING

i would like to get fans of others wcha teams in the league as well so if yo are reading this and want to play or have never played a fantasy sport and are interested please PM me. i have a few gopher fans in and a DU fan and the rest sioux fans.

i would like to get fans of others wcha teams in the league as well so if yo are reading this and want to play or have never played a fantasy sport and are interested please PM me. i have a few gopher fans in and a DU fan and the rest sioux fans.

I talked my brother into signing up--he's a Mankato fan--he should PM you in the next day or so...(was waiting on his SS.com membership approval)

It's really great that you set this up....I'll probably give it a shot this year as well!

LEAGUE STARTS OCTOBER 10,11 - i will take sign ups until OCTOBER 8TH

2 days left to get in - ALL FANS OF ALL 10 WCHA TEAMS ARE WELCOME TO PLAY!!

have many sioux fans - a handful of gopher fans - 1 du fan - 1 scsu fan - 2 uw fans so far...........

Please make sure your name is on my website in the roster section before friday if you dont see it and you have signed up via PM or email. thanks

1 1/2 days left to get in - i close entries midnight wednesday - ALL FANS OF ALL 10 WCHA TEAMS ARE WELCOME TO PLAY!!

have many sioux fans - a handful of gopher fans - 1 du fan - 1 scsu fan - 2 uw fans so far...........

Please make sure your name is on my website in the roster section before friday if you dont see it and you have signed up via PM or email. thanks

last day left to get in - i close entries midnight tonight - ALL FANS OF ALL 10 WCHA TEAMS ARE WELCOME TO PLAY!!