SiouxSports.com Forum

Student tickets

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

What was the reason that camping out for student hockey tickets was discontinued? I think that was a much better process then what we have now.

Although I'm not 100% positive, I think students were camping out during the week and missing too much class. I hate the current process myself, but not much I can do about it.

Although I'm not 100% positive, I think students were camping out during the week and missing too much class. I hate the current process myself, but not much I can do about it.

Could go back to the old old process...standing in line before the game in hopes that you'll get in, even though you won't be able to feel your toes until the 3rd period because you were in line at 3p.m.! Ah, it was fun though!

That is always the reason that I have heard as well... that they (they being the univiersity?, the athletic department?, I don't know who) thought that students were skipping too many classes to wait in line for hockey tickets, so the process would changed so that students would not be forced to skip classes to get tickets.

I was third in line the first year everyone camped out. It didnt matter to me that I missed a couple classes for it. The true die hard fans are the ones that will do whatever it takes to get tickets, and that showed the year everyone camped out.

The process was changed and now it is a joke. I am glad I am not a student and have my own tickets now. I would hate to be cheesed out of good guaranteed seats because someone put their name into a lottery just because the hockey game "are the cool thing to do" on friday and saturday nights, when they truely dont know anything or really care about the game.