SiouxSports.com Forum

UND admin shuffle

Hansel

Kelley, who took over for Charles Kupchella in June, is elevating Greg Weisenstein, provost and vice president of academic affairs, to the No. 2 position, in charge of the campus when the president is away.

Phil Harmeson, vice president for general administration, will go back to the College of Business and Public Administration, where he holds tenure as associate professor. Kelley will personally take over his responsibilities over the athletics department and affirmative action program.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...d40be974b594247

Kelley, who took over for Charles Kupchella in June, is elevating Greg Weisenstein, provost and vice president of academic affairs, to the No. 2 position, in charge of the campus when the president is away.

Phil Harmeson, vice president for general administration, will go back to the College of Business and Public Administration, where he holds tenure as associate professor. Kelley will personally take over his responsibilities over the athletics department and affirmative action program.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...d40be974b594247

No surprises there. Everyone knew Harmeson was on his way out as soon as Kupchella's sorry ass was out of here.

Good to see President Kelley take back responsibility of the athletics department. I have a feeling he will do good things with athletcs with Faison.

Kupchella was never an athletics guy, or much else as far as student affairs were concerned. He was focused souley on academics. I have to give him credit that he did a few good things as far as academics were concernd. Still, after how many years he maybe could have still done more.

Welcome aboard, President Kelley!

Having taken a course from Harmeson and talked to him about the WCHA (where he was a board member at one point in time, if not still), I am pleased by this development.

He was a lackey of Shepherd and McLeod anyways. Maybe Kelley's involvement and all will mean that someone will stand up to those two clowns.

DYB Q&A: Change of command at UND

Q. What are the challenges? What are some things you might focus on in the coming years?

A. We always need more venture capital. Our endowment needs to grow. The more flexibility we have to make targeted investments with the income from the endowment, the more we can grow our faculty and target some of the programs that need an extra boost.

One of the things I