SiouxSports.com Forum

2008/2009 Recruiting Class

GeauxSioux

Who has seen Brekke play? Can he contribute at the DI level in a 2-3 years? I understand he has very long arms - that is a plus! The staff must think he can play as it appears he is getting a scholarship. It would be great to have another talented, hard working Brekke playing for us!

I think he has a chance to be a player. I've only seen him play briefly, but I plan to attend a few EGF games this season and will report back then. I'm curious about his listed height in the Herald article, though. It's certainly possible that he's grown over the summer, but I believe he was in the 6'5" or 6'6" range this past spring. The article listed him at 6'8".

I think he has a chance to be a player. I've only seen him play briefly, but I plan to attend a few EGF games this season and will report back then. I'm curious about his listed height in the Herald article, though. It's certainly possible that he's grown over the summer, but I believe he was in the 6'5" or 6'6" range this past spring. The article listed him at 6'8".

He would have to have grown a lot to now be 6'8. It would be nice to know how serious he was recruited by area schools or DI schools in the midwest. That would tell us how successful this recruiting effort was.

Who has seen Brekke play? Can he contribute at the DI level in a 2-3 years? I understand he has very long arms - that is a plus! The staff must think he can play as it appears he is getting a scholarship. It would be great to have another talented, hard working Brekke playing for us!

Tom Miller has a blurb on his blog about Brekke.

• 2 months later...

Big mistake by UND not to announce anything. The coaches and athletic department need to make the move to D1 and this shows someone doesn't get it. Same goes for the women's team. Missed an opportunity. GF media needed to get something out even if it was they are delaying announcements on X number of kids until they get all emails/faxes or what ever they are waiting for. To do and say nothing is a mistake.

Big mistake by UND not to announce anything. The coaches and athletic department need to make the move to D1 and this shows someone doesn't get it. Same goes for the women's team. Missed an opportunity. GF media needed to get something out even if it was they are delaying announcements on X number of kids until they get all emails/faxes or what ever they are waiting for. To do and say nothing is a mistake.

The strange thing is that this has gone on the past few years, under multiple a.d.'s/interim a.d.'s, and two different SID's. I just don't understand why it should be like pulling teeth for the athletic department to issue press releases promptly upon receiving signed letters of intent (for sports other than football, for which this has never been a problem).

EDIT: I see a press release for a baseball signee was just posted, so perhaps releases for other sports are forthcoming. But I still don't understand the delay for men's basketball when both verbal commitments signed their LOI's yesterday. I strongly suspect it's a similar story on the women's side, as it's doubtful that any of the four expected signings didn't take place yesterday.

I see we signed Chris Clausen, Dan's son. The 6'6" forward is a sophomore at North Iowa Area CC. If he is anything like his dad, he will be great for the program!

I was really young at the time, but I still remember the 1981-82 Sioux team featuring Dan Clausen, Steve Brekke and Aaron Harris. That was a great team. It's pretty ironic that both Brekke and Clausen have sons who are a part of the same UND recruiting class!