SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU vs. UND, 2009: Metrodome

MplsBison

Data proves this false.

See our average attendance for DII vs DI.

I don't know if you were around back in NDSU's last days of being DII, but the reason attendance jumped was because the team got better. Do you even know who Bob Babich is? Were you in North Dakota during those days? Were you out of diapers yet? Do you realize how many NDSU fans quit following the team or going to games because of how terrible of a coach he was? Of course attendance went up when they brought Bohl in. It would have whether NDSU was D1 or DII. God this is pathetic. I'm a UND alumni on a UND message board and I have to educate NDSU fans about their own damn program.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe NDSU would get around 20,000 in attendance back at old Dacotah field. I just saw it in their record books. They weren't DI back then were they? Or maybe they just couldn't count when they were DII.

Full is Full - something I don't think you'll have to worry about in the near future.

I believe NDSU would get around 20,000 in attendance back at old Dacotah field. I just saw it in their record books. They weren't DI back then were they? Or maybe they just couldn't count when they were DII.

There may have been some liberties taken with attendance. :) Back then attendance drove who got the bids to host playoff games, so those totals might be a little off. Like 5000+ off is my guess.

Oh to be young and ignorant again! :D

NDSU also had about 5,000 fewer students back then and the town had god knows how many fewer people. I wouldn't expect you to know that though since you probably weren't even conceived yet, nor would you even know who these NDSU players I've spoken of are. People didn't stay home on Saturday afternoons because NDSU only had Division II football and they aren't coming out in droves merely because NDSU is now D1.

There weren't as many students or people around the area so not as many were able to attend, even though they had great teams. Which is exactly the reason why your idea to play in Minneapolis is so insanely idiotic. Please go back to your sheep now. She misses you.

BTW, don't worry other NDSU fans whom have proven themselves intelligent and decent previously. I'm not going to make blanket statements about NDSU fans merely because of one moron.

Data trumps anything you say.

NDSU season attendance in the 18k range has never happened at DII and it never would have happened.

People come to the Fargodome to see DI ball and the same will be true for UND.

I would be careful playing the data game as there has also been an increase in Fargo's population and data can always be manipulated to represent your position. While I think it is a bad idea, I think all ideas should at least be thoroughly considered before dismissing them. The game needs to be played in North Dakota and in Fargo for the next game since the last game was played in Grand Forks unless there is some overriding reason (which I haven't read yet). Having a game out-of-state simply for the out-of-state alumni doesn't make sense when there are very few home games for a team to begin with.

Having a game out-of-state simply for the out-of-state alumni doesn't make sense when there are very few home games for a team to begin with.

That was never the reason.

The reason is the fact that the demand for this game will be a minimum of 30k tickets and the state of ND doesn't have a facility that comes anywhere close to that.

NDSU also had about 5,000 fewer students back then and the town had god knows how many fewer people.

As long as the population was over 20k, I am proven correct and you are proven wrong.

Going against data: you're obviously not a businessman.

im sure if there was any possibility at all the news would be reporting on it. this is just one guys "dream". only one person, maybe 2 have talked about it. give me a credible source where someone thinks this will happen or wants it to happen...

This thread is dumb!! I do not see either school playing each other in the future and when they do it will be an every other year deal (for sure!!). I thought the Bison were looking for bigger and better things! Next thing you know Bison fans will talking about the Sioux Gophers hockey series being moved to Denver so more alumni of each school can go. And maybe St. Cloud and Mankato can play in Bismarck.

I don't think there is any question that we will indeed be playing the Bison again. Due to the escalating fuel/travel costs, the AD's will make sure this happens in 2009 or 2010. I spoke with Brian Faison at his initial meet and greet when he took our AD position and he thought it was ridiculous that we were not playing each other. Mostly because of the rivalry and proximity.

This thread is dumb!! I do not see either school playing each other in the future and when they do it will be an every other year deal (for sure!!). I thought the Bison were looking for bigger and better things! Next thing you know Bison fans will talking about the Sioux Gophers hockey series being moved to Denver so more alumni of each school can go. And maybe St. Cloud and Mankato can play in Bismarck.

Do not lump us in with the crazy stuff that Mpls comes up with. Anyone that is in the know with Bison Athletics knows that this is just some irrational dude's wet dream.

Do not lump us in with the crazy stuff that Mpls comes up with. Anyone that is in the know with Bison Athletics knows that this is just some irrational dude's wet dream.

Amen, no way our big wigs want to play that game in the dome of Mpls. I vote that we play und in fgo two yrs. in a row and then start and alternating series that will always be non conference of course as und will likely be stumbling around looking for a conf. after the great west flops in a year or so. If you non chappels want to pick up and extra game now, give good old RT a buzz I'm sure he would oblige y'all. Watch out though I hear they have some kid from Edmonton that is really fast even without skates.