SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 Fighting Sioux Gene Pool

Sioux-cia

Just a little info I pulled together. Feel free to add to it.

Player - UND family connection

Ryan Duncan - (father) Bob '68-'71

Jean Philippe Lamoureux - (father) Jean Pierre '79-'82

Taylor Chorney - (father) Marc '77-'81

Zach Jones - (brother) Matt '01-'05

Ryan Martens - (uncle) Erwin '76-'80

Darcy Zajac - (brother) Travis '04-'06

Chay Genoway - (brother) Colby '02-'05

____

Player - Non UND Family post high school / professional athletes

Evan Trupp - father played hockey for Alaska - Fairbanks

Brad Malone - father was 1980 first round pick (14th overall) of the New York Rangers ... cousin Ryan Malone played college hockey at St. Cloud State, was 1999 fourth round choice of Pittsburgh Penguins and currently plays for Penguins ... uncle Greg Malone, a scout for the Phoenix Coyotes, was a 1976 second round choice of the Pittsburgh Penguins and spent 11 seasons in the NHL.

Chris VandeVelde - Grandfather played baseball for the Cincinnati Reds

Darcy Zajac - father played hockey for University of Denver

Info obtained from

http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSelect.d...amp;SPSID=58685

*edited*

Joe Finley's sister, Kelly, BB played for Northwestern then transferred to CSU where she played BB. She graduates this year.

Joe's Dad played football for University of Minnesota, currently coaches high school girls BB, his uncle played college football

for Montana State, grandfather played BB for University of Iowa....Dad's cousin played on USA Olympic Water Polo team (Atlanta

and Australia )

JPL additions- Brother Mario playing for UND next year, sisters Jocelyn and Monique Minnesota Girls team next year, brothers PJ and Jacques both have junior hockey experience.

--Breakin Face "No bunk statements, just cold hard facts"

PJ gave up hockey and Jacques is playing for Airforce!

--Breakin Face "Cold Hard WRONG facts"

T.J. Oshie - cousin Henry Boucha played with the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota North Stars, Knasas City Scouts and Colorado Rockies.

Also, T.J. Oshie - cousin Gary Sargent played with the Los Angeles Kings and Minnesota North Stars.

Father, Tim, played college basketball in Seattle and at Bemidji State.

So you are telling me PJ didn't play for Red Deer and Tri City and Jacques didn't play for the Bismarck Bobcats?

--Breakin face "Remember the Alamo"

No, I believe they are telling you that in a thread about genetic lineage from past to present to future Sioux players, PJ, Jacques, and for that matter the twin sisters don't really count, since none of them ever did or will play for the Sioux.

Is the fog clearing yet? Need a GPS?

No, I believe they are telling you that in a thread about genetic lineage from past to present to future Sioux players, PJ, Jacques, and for that matter the twin sisters don't really count, since none of them ever did or will play for the Sioux.

Is the fog clearing yet? Need a GPS?

Colby Genoway, Travis Zajac, and Joe Finley's sister was mentioned before my post and that seemed to fly right under the radar, so I figured I was good to incorporate other siblings.

--Breakin face "A Martyr for Those With Reason"

Colby Genoway, Travis Zajac, and Joe Finley's sister was mentioned before my post and that seemed to fly right under the radar, so I figured I was good to incorporate other siblings.

:silly: DUH!! Colby Genoway and Travis Zajac both played for the Fighting Sioux.

I did start another list for family members who played post college sports just to highlight the great FS gene pool.

You're "New Era of Hockey Knowledge" is showing. But, you are correct, others made non-Sioux references before you, so I apologize for being harsh. Now, go work on your English. Concentrate on verb conjugation first.