SiouxSports.com Forum

Michigan Loss

mujack

With people up in arms us losing 3 years in a row to bc (which is hard to swallow), would you rather suffer michigan's fate?

They lost to a conference team they had beaten twice this year and was 4th in the ccha.

Would we rather have lost to a SCSU or Mankato in this game?

With people up in arms us losing 3 years in a row to bc, would you rather suffer michigan's fate?

they lost to a conference team they had beaten twice this year and was 4th in the ccha.

Would we rather lost to a SCSU or Mankato in this game?

There are no good losses.

Doesn't matter who it was. They are done.

Michigan is my #1 team then the Sioux are #2, so this was a bad day all around.

Michigan was picked to finnish 4th in the CCHA this year behind

1 Miami

2 Michigan State

3 Notre Dame

4 Michigan

So, Michigan had a good year as they won the GLI for the first time in about 9 to 10 years, and was the only school to win both reg. and conf tourneys this year. Not the big prize, but at least they got something to show for their season, when they were not expected to win anything.

The Sioux got only W's for their effort this year. :D

I was more disappointed with the Sioux this year than with Michigan. Michigan had only 2 Sr. that played, and they may lose maybe 2 underclassmen to the pros, so they will have a decent team next year, with Hogan in net over Sauer. How many underclassmen Sioux will jump is still unknown.

Michigan showed a lot more effort than the Sioux yesterday.

I have to say that the ND/Mich game was one of the better WCHA called games I can recall seeing in years.

There are no good losses.

Doesn't matter who it was. They are done.

I disagree that there are no good losses, in the playoffs yes, but during the regular season a lot can be learned by losing a game. I can't correlate that with the Sioux but I have seen it other places including my Blackhawks.

I have to say that the ND/Mich game was one of the better WCHA called games I can recall seeing in years.

Seeing as how Todd Anderson has called games in this year's Regionals and now a Frozen Four semi, I think we need to recognize that he might not be nearly as incompetent a referee as we've all been saying.

Seriously. He called a helluva game. I hope he gets the final.

Seeing as how Todd Anderson has called games in this year's Regionals and now a Frozen Four semi, I think we need to recognize that he might not be nearly as incompetent a referee as we've all been saying.

Seriously. He called a helluva game. I hope he gets the final.

Lets hold the mayo there. He had a phantom call on ND late in the game. It proved to be nothing but it could have amounted to the difference in the game. Other than that I did not remeber any really poor calls. Hoever, I still think the lack of consistent referees between the leagues and the quality of our referees is a major problem for the WCHA and to a lesser extent the NCAA.

BD

Lets hold the mayo there. He had a phantom call on ND late in the game. It proved to be nothing but it could have amounted to the difference in the game. Other than that I did not remeber any really poor calls. Hoever, I still think the lack of consistent referees between the leagues and the quality of our referees is a major problem for the WCHA and to a lesser extent the NCAA.

BD

So why is it that the refs in the WCHA can't call a game to save their sole but when the NCAA playoffs are on the line they seem to rise to the occasion? I noticed that last night and brought it up to my friends and they noticed the same thing...

So why is it that the refs in the WCHA can't call a game to save their sole but when the NCAA playoffs are on the line they seem to rise to the occasion? I noticed that last night and brought it up to my friends and they noticed the same thing...

At the regionals and Frozen Four, they work for the NCAA. The rest of the year they work for Sheperd and McLeod. Nuff said.

At the regionals and Frozen Four, they work for the NCAA. The rest of the year they work for Sheperd and McLeod. Nuff said.

Seems that there is something to that. I am hoping this gets addressed in the off season. I will be interesting to see who refs tomorrow night.