SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think that Air Force is going to give Miami all that it can handle? I heard that Ehn is going to be back for the regional too.

Remember that Air Force gave a very solid Gopher team fits last year in the Regional.

I am also very curious how tightly called these games are going to be

that would be my 1 vs 4 upset, if miami gets by then they may end up in denver but air force could do it if ehn is on the lineup, hes dam good

that would be my 1 vs 4 upset, if miami gets by then they may end up in denver but air force could do it if ehn is on the lineup, hes dam good

I agree with you, that doesn't seem farfetched to me at all. I still think the BC/MN winner is going to Denver.

I agree with you, that doesn't seem farfetched to me at all. I still think the BC/MN winner is going to Denver.

even if i wasnt a sioux fan i just dont see minny getting there having to fave 2 teams that have very good offenses. kangas will have to continue the roll hes on but one slip and the gophers have zero room for error and lucia has said that over and over this season. i will stick to my pick with BC 3-1 or so over minny, maybe 3-2. if you hit 3 vs gophs a good team will win. i think ehn has to be in the lineup for air force to have a chance though.

even if i wasnt a sioux fan i just dont see minny getting there having to fave 2 teams that have very good offenses. kangas will have to continue the roll hes on but one slip and the gophers have zero room for error and lucia has said that over and over this season. i will stick to my pick with BC 3-1 or so over minny, maybe 3-2. if you hit 3 vs gophs a good team will win. i think ehn has to be in the lineup for air force to have a chance though.

I totally see where you are coming from, doesn't matter if you are a Sioux fan or not. Usually these teams with great offenses can be a little vulnerable too, maybe giving us a chance to score more than a goal or two for once.

About Kangas, I don't think any of us would be surprised if he "continued the roll" that he's been on. The fact that he's been on a roll this long is starting to show me that its not a "roll", its who he is going to be for the next 3 years, one of the top goaltenders in the country (WOO!! :D). BC has been hot lately but they too were anemic earlier on offense, it all depends which team shows up for them. If they can't get their top lines scoring, I think they are a team ripe to give up goals for sure. Agreed on hitting 3 vs us, more than not it'll pick you up a win. I think if we can get our powerplay kicking like it was near the end of the regular season we will be just fine and won't have a real challenge until the Sioux in the F4 (Gophers Sioux CC Michigan :D). The problem with BC for us with the team we have this year could be speed, they have so many smaller guys who can just fly, like Gerbe. I think if we can play physical with them (us, physical?), it'll play to our advantage. I'm pretty sure that we are playing on an NHL rink, which is something that I'd assume would be to our advantage so hopefully we can wear them out and get an early lead, who knows.

With Miami/AF in the 2nd round if we do happen to advance, I like both of those matchups much more than BC. It's no secret that AF has played us tough, tying us earlier in the season (probably one of the many low points of our season). Miami has played such a cupcake schedule I'm really not worried about them, I think they are a middle of the pack WCHA team if they are playing here and I think we would match up favorably to them.

I totally see where you are coming from, doesn't matter if you are a Sioux fan or not. Usually these teams with great offenses can be a little vulnerable too, maybe giving us a chance to score more than a goal or two for once.

About Kangas, I don't think any of us would be surprised if he "continued the roll" that he's been on. The fact that he's been on a roll this long is starting to show me that its not a "roll", its who he is going to be for the next 3 years, one of the top goaltenders in the country (WOO!! :D). BC has been hot lately but they too were anemic earlier on offense, it all depends which team shows up for them. If they can't get their top lines scoring, I think they are a team ripe to give up goals for sure. Agreed on hitting 3 vs us, more than not it'll pick you up a win. I think if we can get our powerplay kicking like it was near the end of the regular season we will be just fine and won't have a real challenge until the Sioux in the F4 (Gophers Sioux CC Michigan :D). The problem with BC for us with the team we have this year could be speed, they have so many smaller guys who can just fly, like Gerbe. I think if we can play physical with them (us, physical?), it'll play to our advantage. I'm pretty sure that we are playing on an NHL rink, which is something that I'd assume would be to our advantage so hopefully we can wear them out and get an early lead, who knows.

With Miami/AF in the 2nd round if we do happen to advance, I like both of those matchups much more than BC. It's no secret that AF has played us tough, tying us earlier in the season (probably one of the many low points of our season). Miami has played such a cupcake schedule I'm really not worried about them, I think they are a middle of the pack WCHA team if they are playing here and I think we would match up favorably to them.

If Kangas keeps up with the roll he is on, he might not be there for 3 more years! I can see he and Bachman defecting early! As a sioux fan, I would like to see Bachman go this year and Kangas after his soph season.

If Kangas keeps up with the roll he is on, he might not be there for 3 more years! I can see he and Bachman defecting early! As a sioux fan, I would like to see Bachman go this year and Kangas after his soph season.

That would be a sad moment, not talking about Bachman of course, I'd love to see him go too :D

I guess its almost a good dilemma to be in, having someone that isn't as highly touted coming in to college but plays so well that they are able to leave early, not because of their draft position, but because of performance. Looking at where Kangas was drafted though, it would surprise me to see him go after his Sophomore season. With the way he has been playing lately though and with JPL finally moving out of the way, I think he has a chance to be the top goalie next year in the WCHA, especially if Bachman leaves. Remember, not a roll, the real Kangas Khan :D I'm just happy to think that we won't need to face JPL next year at the Ralph and for him to pull off that crap that he did on Friday in that series!

I think anyone who overlooks Miami in the regional is setting themselves up for disappointment. They're a +91 in GF/GA differential (163-72). Unless their cupcake schedule included quite a few "vison-impaired" goaltenders, this is a team to be reckoned with.

BTW: nice recovery from a-hole to astute hockey observer gopherz. Your last two posts here have actually been pleasurable. That kind of reasoned posts will get you into a very rare category around here: grudgingly respected Gopher fan.

I think anyone who overlooks Miami in the regional is setting themselves up for disappointment. They're a +91 in GF/GA differential (163-72). Unless their cupcake schedule included quite a few "vison-impaired" goaltenders, this is a team to be reckoned with.

BTW: nice recovery from a-hole to astute hockey observer gopherz. Your last two posts here have actually been pleasurable. That kind of reasoned posts will get you into a very rare category around here: grudgingly respected Gopher fan.

they may have scheduled the school for the blind :D they could get beat first round or end up in denver. i think they are a question mark team and i still think BC will take them down but would never overlook them with the way they can score!!

Yeah, they really dont like us. :D

If you ask me, I am rather happy that the Sioux would not have to play the Wolverines until the NC. They are not too pleased with how the Sioux have eliminated them from the NCAA Tourney the previous two years. Revenge is a %&*$# when you are on the receiving side.

Seriously, Michigan in the NCAA playoffs outside of confines of Yost isn't as impressive as say the last two regions of death there were in. Michigan does have a regional that is VERY easy compared to the last two. I think we are going to find out taht Miami is a cupcake ready to be eaten. My prediction is that Miami won't get past B.C.

I agree with you about overlooking them, and I don't think any team will. Maybe I should restate my thoughts about Miami. I do not think we will overlook them but I do think they are the weakest of the number 1 seeds by a sizable margain. The +91 should be contributed a lot to the weak schedule. To their credit they definitely beat up on teams they should have and scored a good amount of goals in those games. One thing that makes me question them is their performance against the few better teams that they played, where they struggled. Obviously you have to respect their regular season record but their past failures in the NCAAs is also a factor.

PS: I'm not an a-hole :D

Michigan/Clarkson shouldn't take SCSU lightly. If their PP is clicking, they are a tough team to beat. Also I like the way Kangas is playing. Goalies really make a difference in the NCAAs. If BC wins I only hope that Gerbe is kept off the scorecard.

Michigan/Clarkson shouldn't take SCSU lightly. If their PP is clicking, they are a tough team to beat. Also I like the way Kangas is playing. Goalies really make a difference in the NCAAs. If BC wins I only hope that Gerbe is kept off the scorecard.

Not in the NCAAs :D :D

That would be AWESOME

being in columbus the last time that happened was a bit interesting. so many fans from all over go no matter what but seeing hockey east jerseys, ccha jerseys as we were in columbus made for a strange atmosphere but fun as hell for us :D

Touche! But I think this is the year they get the monkey off their back. (at least against Clarkson).

The Gophers and SCSU could contribute heavily on who wins the Hobey.....shut down Gerbe and Porter...hmmmm :D

Oh I KNOW we will be taking care of business! As for JBSU... :D