SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have been following the quality of Sheppard officiating for long enough that your defence surprises me. The technology has merely helped to confirm the validity of what we have all been saying for years.

I didn't defend anyone :glare:, I said I had sympathy for them. Clearly Sheppard has been making huge mistakes, which is why I'm sympathetic for these guys personally that the changing world has changed the scrutiny to which they're subjected. Once upon a time it was a somewhat anonymous job that you did for fun and you did your best and there weren't many consequences when you messed up. Now every fan knows every official and their mistakes are quickly viewed and scrutinized around the world.

It's a tough situation for those refs and the conference to be in, but officials and officiating clearly need to change somehow to reflect this new reality. But that's a discussion for a different thread.

I didn't defend anyone :glare:, clearly Sheppard has been making huge mistakes. That is, in fact, why I'm sympathetic for these guys personally that the changing world has changed the scrutiny to which they're subjected. Once upon a time it was a somewhat anonymous job that you did for fun and you did your best and there weren't many consequences when you messed up. Now every fan knows every official and their mistakes are quickly viewed and scrutinized around the world.

It's a tough situation for those refs and the conference to be in, but officials and officiating clearly need to change somehow to reflect this new reality. But that's a discussion for a different thread.

It is a tough situation because a change is long overdue. You can't have amateurs officiating a league that features players who are one signature away from playing in the NHL. Now that you have the product on the ice and the fans in the seats it is time to pay for the officiating that they both deserve.

It is a tough situation because a change is long overdue. You can't have amateurs officiating a league that features players who are one signature away from playing in the NHL. Now that you have the product on the ice and the fans in the seats it is time to pay for the officiating that they both deserve.

Agreed. UND (and WCHA) hockey players being one signature away from playing in the NHL is also a relatively recent phenomenon to which the league continues to fail to properly react (e.g. permitting rampant obstruction).