SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think of everything Oshie has been doing for this team, then realize he's injured! Just imagine if Oshie had left in the middle of the season when we were struggling, like some other players did. Would we better than anyone but Anchorage?

How about we just focus on cheering for our team and our players as opposed to degrading other teams and players? GO SIOUX!!!

OT: Women's championships Duluth is winning 4-0 over the Badgers with just over 2:00 remaining in the game

VV did a great job setting that goal up for oshie. It feels a lot better going into an intermission with a tie than a deficiet. I think they finally found themselves, now we can just hope they still have it when they hit the ice in 15min

Oshie interview:

We've been good all weekend on the PP, lot of positives, we just couldn't get one in the net yesterday. We got a lukcy bounce here. A top seed would be huge. We'll be in the tourney regardless, but we talked a lot about pride, and crest on our jersey. We need to try and get some rebound goals, every goalie can stop the first shot, we've got to get some bodies in front of him and get some rebounds.

Oshie interview:

We've been good all weekend on the PP, lot of positives, we just couldn't get one in the net yesterday. We got a lukcy bounce here. A top seed would be huge. We'll be in the tourney regardless, but we talked a lot about pride, and crest on our jersey. We need to try and get some rebound goals, every goalie can stop the first shot, we've got to get some bodies in front of him and get some rebounds.

I love how that is a factor with every player that puts the jersey on. GO SIOUX!

First period analysis. 1-1

Forwards are skating much better and actually controlling the puck in the neutral zone, unlike yesterday. We have the same intensity we did at the end of yesterday's game

Defense played better at the end of the period, but that was due more to the pressure put on by the forwards. They must play better if we are going to win a game in the NCAAs.

Much better job winning faceoffs today compared to yesterday.

Have I mentioned Oshie's good? Well just in case anyone else missed it, Oshie's good!

First period analysis. 1-1

Forwards are skating much better and actually controlling the puck in the neutral zone, unlike yesterday. We have the same intensity we did at the end of yesterday's game

Defense played better at the end of the period, but that was due more to the pressure put on by the forwards. They must play better if we are going to win a game in the NCAAs.

Much better job winning faceoffs today compared to yesterday.

Have I mentioned Oshie's good? Well just in case anyone else missed it, Oshie's good!

That is all you needed to say.

How about we just focus on cheering for our team and our players as opposed to degrading other teams and players? GO SIOUX!!!

OT: Women's championships Duluth is winning 4-0 over the Badgers with just over 2:00 remaining in the game

Not degrading anyone on Anchorage, just pointing out how important Oshie is. I think that is more relevant to the Sioux game than Duluth vs. Wisco women's hockey.

I got the game on just in time to hear Oshie score. Nice to get a goal at the end of the period for a little bit of "Mo".

Go Sioux!!

You did better than I, when I tuned the game in CC scored within 10 seconds.

Agree that establishing momentum could be a big deal in this game. Despite some thinking it's heresy to say anything negative, the people I trust who were at yesterday's game generally agree that the Sioux looked as flat as they ever have this year. It's important psychologically for the players to feel like good offense will generate goals.

I hope to see the Sioux come out with the same or even more intensity in the second period! I feel like we could still be playing a more physical game, but I guess if we can be successful without playing physical and risking injury, I'll take it :glare: