SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to give up that PP goal, but all it takes is another one by us and the momentum is ours again. It will be very interesting to see how both teams come out of the locker room to start the third. We're lucky to be up one after that breakaway we gave up. (Although CC is lucky we don't 10 goals right now, as well.) JPL's save is looming large right now. 20 minutes to go for a 1 seed.

McClown is the intermission interview and he is trying to say that the other leagues have the same officiating problems and that their Chief of Officials even tried to quit. I sure wish Sheppard would quit! :glare:

Listening to the same interview, I'm reasonably sympathetic to his point.

The refs are all essentially volunteers who are doing it for the love of the game. While lots of the constructive discussions about officiating have wondered if the ref jobs could somehow be made more professional, I do have some sympathy for the current guys who I generally believe are amateurs just doing their best. The results are varied, but now come under tremendous scrutiny due to the Internet.

It's similar to the Internet's change in public criticism of players, coaches, and UND officials, except not many people try to stick up for the refs :(

Listening to the same interview, I'm reasonably sympathetic to his point.

The refs are all essentially volunteers who are doing it for the love of the game. While lots of the constructive discussions about officiating have wondered if the ref jobs could somehow be made more professional, I do have some sympathy for the current guys who I generally believe are amateurs just doing their best. The results are varied, but now come under tremendous scrutiny due to the Internet.

It's similar to the Internet's change in public criticism of players, coaches, and UND officials, except not many people try to stick up for the refs :glare:

You have been following the quality of Sheppard officiating for long enough that your defence surprises me. The technology has merely helped to confirm the validity of what we have all been saying for years.