SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Drops

egfhosejockey

We are by no means sitting great though.

didnt say anything about sitting great but i say being in the top 4 rigght now in the nation is pretty damn close to great and thats why i said good. theres many many teams that would die to be where the sioux are yearly and it sure could be a lot worse!

i guess thats how you look at things. so who is sitting great if we arent in 4th? the 3 in front of us im assuming. sometimes its time to take a step back and realize how lucky we are as sioux fans to have a team that is always up there. im guessing the only way we are sitting great is many eyes if we are #1 overall like we were last week. its just not that easy especially playing in the wcha weekly against very talented teams. its so dam hard to do what the sioux do every season and especially the last 3 years making it to the frozen 4 over and over. the next step is the title which we all want very badly for the sioux to win obviously and you sure need lucky bounces and puck luck along the way as we all know. cant wait to see what happens this weekend in the wcha and country

ok, i guess thats how you look at things. so who is sitting great if we arent in 4th? sometimes its time to take a step back and realize how lucky we are as sioux fans to have a team that is always up there. im guessing the only way we are sitting great is many eyes if we are #1 overall like we were last week. its so dam hard to do what the sioux do every season and especially the last 3 years making it to the frozen 4 over and over. the next step is the title obviously and you sure need lucky bounces and puck luck along the way as we all know. cant wait to see what happens this weekend in the wcha and country

Very well said!

I am surprised that New Hampshire hasn't been getting much love in the polls. They are 5th in the USCHO poll and 4th in the USA Today poll. I know they got beat by Vermont once this weekend, but they have played a pretty tough schedule and beat CC twice and UND once.

you build a resume early, climb up the polls and then once we hit the last couple months its what have you done lately? a loss will for sure drop you in polls and a loss to vermont at that. they have nice wcha wins and they have been rewarded for those with their good pairwise ranking!

didnt say anything about sitting great but i say being in the top 4 rigght now in the nation is pretty damn close to great and thats why i said good. theres many many teams that would die to be where the sioux are yearly and it sure could be a lot worse!

i guess thats how you look at things. so who is sitting great if we arent in 4th? the 3 in front of us im assuming. sometimes its time to take a step back and realize how lucky we are as sioux fans to have a team that is always up there. im guessing the only way we are sitting great is many eyes if we are #1 overall like we were last week. its just not that easy especially playing in the wcha weekly against very talented teams. its so dam hard to do what the sioux do every season and especially the last 3 years making it to the frozen 4 over and over. the next step is the title which we all want very badly for the sioux to win obviously and you sure need lucky bounces and puck luck along the way as we all know. cant wait to see what happens this weekend in the wcha and country

Why did you take it so offensively? You have stated before that we need to be a number 1 seed, and although we are ok right now, we are are a loss or two from falling multiple spots in a hurry. Heck, even if we keep winning, we can still be overtaken by a team like Miami.

I didn't say that you said we were sitting great, that's why I used a contradictive statement. I didn't say we weren't sitting good either.

Not everything is flowers and roses and nothing should be taken for granted. A 1 or 2 seed isn't guaranteed right now for us. We haven't played that great during this streak we've been on and have been lucky to pull out as many games as we have. It's nice to know we can play a lot better and still win when we aren't, but it's scary that we can't beat some of the teams we've been playing by more than we have been lately.

Why did you take it so offensively? You have stated before that we need to be a number 1 seed, and although we are ok right now, we are are a loss or two from falling multiple spots in a hurry. Heck, even if we keep winning, we can still be overtaken by a team like Miami.

I didn't say that you said we were sitting great, that's why I used a contradictive statement. I didn't say we weren't sitting good either.

Not everything is flowers and roses and nothing should be taken for granted. A 1 or 2 seed isn't guaranteed right now for us. We haven't played that great during this streak we've been on and have been lucky to pull out as many games as we have. It's nice to know we can play a lot better and still win when we aren't, but it's scary that we can't beat some of the teams we've been playing by more than we have been lately.

sure didnt mean it offensivley at all man, not at all. i would never post like that as i respect everyones opinions agree or not agree and i wasnt directing the post at you either, just kind of saying it in general how i feel about the situation.

any team can be taken out at any time is the way i look at it. a 1 seed would be great and i think we can still grab it as i think miami will lose a game or 2 down the stretch and you also sure dont need a 1 seed to get to the frozen 4 as we have proved the last few years. we have been lucky as well like you say and thats part of making runs like they are on without losing. we also can play better and thats good to know! we wont drop below a 2 seed overall. again wasnt directing it personally or taking offense, just rambpling like i always do :D

As competitive as the upper echelon of college hockey has become, I think the only #1 seed that matters is the #1 overall, which gets the 16 seed in game 1. Maybe the #2 seed also has a little easier first-round opponent, but aside from that, the NCAA Regionals are a bitch.

Now that we've lost (and apparently can't reclaim) the #1 overall seed, I don't really care where we end up. I really liked that Albany bracket Moy (or someone) projected last week. But, like someone else posted here, the Sioux are going to have beat some great hockey clubs to win Number 8, so might as well beat four great teams instead of 3 and a cupcake.

As competitive as the upper echelon of college hockey has become, I think the only #1 seed that matters is the #1 overall, which gets the 16 seed in game 1. Maybe the #2 seed also has a little easier first-round opponent, but aside from that, the NCAA Regionals are a bitch.

Now that we've lost (and apparently can't reclaim) the #1 overall seed, I don't really care where we end up. I really liked that Albany bracket Moy (or someone) projected last week. But, like someone else posted here, the Sioux are going to have beat some great hockey clubs to win Number 8, so might as well beat four great teams instead of 3 and a cupcake.

great point on the top 2 seeds getting a nice match ups and everything after that is a tough tourney!

A 1 or 2 seed isn't guaranteed right now for us.

If I am not mistaken we are pretty close to at least a number two. Mathematically UND probably could miss the final five and still be what a three seed? Realistically.

If I am not mistaken we are pretty close to at least a number two. Mathematically UND probably could miss the final five and still be what a three seed? Realistically.

Yeah, it would be hard not to be at least a 2 seed, but there's always a possibility we wouldn't be.

Yeah, it would be hard not to be at least a 2 seed, but there's always a possibility we wouldn't be.

If the Sioux doesn't get in it means more than likely their were 4 major upsets in the conference tourneys; :D

I think the furthest they could fall is a three seed. Then so what we beat a DU or B.C. before we whoop Miami's ass. :D