SiouxSports.com Forum

Adults behaving badly

redarmy

For as often as this seems to happen I still can't believe it. Sounds like the parents need to grow up or get off their high horse and go to officiating school themselves and take on the job. I am a firm believer that if you don't want the job then don't complain about he people doing it. I have been in that role before, it is a tankless job. its really to bad, it is still away for those of us who can't play anymore to still be a part of the game.

typical grand forks showing how classy they are. to bad it was at a game that had second and third graders playing.

"Typical Grand Forks". Sorry to burst your biased balloon but this is not a local problem. This is a national problem and, yes, even Fargo parents have been caught displaying 'hostile and abusive' behavior at their children's sports events.

I agree that it's disgusting when adults behave so badly. My suggestion? Have the arena/tournament managers remove those adults at the first sign of verbal or any abuse to other fans, players, referees, etc.!!

I'm sorry that this happened to her and I hope Mr. Provost's daughter keeps refering.

typical grand forks showing how classy they are. to bad it was at a game that had second and third graders playing.

Pretty high horse you sit on. Does that mean everyone in GF is like that?:angry: I don't think so. You should apologize to everyone in GF that isn't behaving in that way.

Pretty high horse you sit on. Does that mean everyone in GF is like that?:angry: I don't think so. You should apologize to everyone in GF that isn't behaving in that way.

i will apologize to the one's who dont act that way. sorry. but i've seen more complaining about refree's calls coming out of grand forks than most other towns lately. (example: red river losing to grafton in the high school hockey championship game. the game has been over for what 2 or 3 weeks now? get over it already)

Know the person who wrote the letter (and his family). Level headed individual so I don't question the validity of his account. One word comes to mind on this situation--PATHETIC!

I agree that this is going on everywhere. I have seen it from the days that I followed my brother in hockey (4 yrs old on up thru high school) to going to my nephews games. Parents that think they know all the answers need to be on the other side of the fence and do the coaching or refing, and stop doing it from the sidelines.

Reffing is hard in all sports. Yet I still give them crap (not kids unless they are seriously lacking any skills whatsoever) even though I know how hard it is because the system allows it. Simply put, the crowd can usually see penalties, fouls, etc. better than the refs can. They get to see the whole playing surface while the ref can only see so much. Thus the refs will always miss half of what goes on. While the fans should be civil, most of the time they are right but it really isn't the refs fault.