SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

Wow. I guess you didn't read what I wrote. I said "IT WAS SAID" not "SIOUXTIMESTWO SAID." Don't kid yourself that I'm following you around. I have other people I prefer to internet-stalk. MafiaMan, for example. I can't help it if your dumb comments are the only ones I respond to, but really, I just don't have the energy bitch at everyone. It's hard, yo.

And HaksHomey, spare me. TJ dishes out plenty of hits. He can hold his own. If you can't hold your own in the WCHA, you'll never make it to the NHL. The Sioux take plenty of hooking, tripping and interference penalties of their own.

Spare yourself.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I guess you didn't read what I wrote. I said "IT WAS SAID" not "SIOUXTIMESTWO SAID." Don't kid yourself that I'm following you around. I have other people I prefer to internet-stalk. MafiaMan, for example. I can't help it if your dumb comments are the only ones I respond to, but really, I just don't have the energy bitch at everyone. It's hard, yo.

And HaksHomey, spare me. TJ dishes out plenty of hits. He can hold his own. If you can't hold your own in the WCHA, you'll never make it to the NHL. The Sioux take plenty of hooking, tripping and interference penalties of their own.

I read exactly what you wrote. If you weren't insinuating that I was one who compared hockey to ballet, then why the hon? If someone else on this board wants penalties to go uncalled and compares hockey with penalties properly called to ballet, what does that have to do with my post calling for penalties to be called correctly. I guess you didn't read what I wrote. I never stated that checking should be banned from hockey. I merely stated that the referees should enforce the rules, regardless of what period it is or the score. If you have an intelligent reply to my inquiry, I'd love to hear it.

I can only dream of being as cool as Mafiaman. There, I said it.

Mafiaman, you rock. :D

Not really - they can actually skate so they don't usually take those kind's of penalties.

And if you pay attention to the NHL, they do call alot more stick penalties than in WCHA - like John Madden's penalty at the end of the Wild/Devils game on Thur.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0708/boxes/mmtundk1.m14

Interesting that there are 7 UND penalties, and they are for tripping, interference, interference, interference, tripping, roughing, roughing. Of course, 3 of those were committed by Zach Jones, who I love.

SX2, I don't think you understand the mixed messages sent by this fan base. "[Player x] is always getting interfered with! Why won't the refs call it!" is juxtaposed alongside "We're not goons, we play a physical game." I think I understand though... Sioux players can flatten whoever gets in their way, but they also are off limits.

My point about TJ stands. He is not only a skilled player, he is a physical player as well. He can hold his own and dish it out. I don't think he's crying about how his opponents play.

RW77, you are too elusive to stalk. I can send MafiaMan creepy text messages, but I can't do that to you. He is an easy target, too, with the light glinting off his head and his neon blue Sweden jerseys.

Interesting that there are 7 UND penalties, and they are for tripping, interference, interference, interference, tripping, roughing, roughing. Of course, 3 of those were committed by Zach Jones, who I love.

SX2, I don't think you understand the mixed messages sent by this fan base. "[Player x] is always getting interfered with! Why won't the refs call it!" is juxtaposed alongside "We're not goons, we play a physical game." I think I understand though... Sioux players can flatten whoever gets in their way, but they also are off limits.

My point about TJ stands. He is not only a skilled player, he is a physical player as well. He can hold his own and dish it out. I don't think he's crying about how his opponents play.

RW77, you are too elusive to stalk. I can send MafiaMan creepy text messages, but I can't do that to you. He is an easy target, too, with the light glinting off his head and his neon blue Sweden jerseys.

You are missing the point more than your hockey team is missing an offense...

1. Opponents hack Oshie, Oshie checks opponents

2. Sioux commit penalties, Opponents hack one specific player all game

3. By your logic "getting interfered with" and "flatten whoever gets in their way" are the same thing

So why the hon if you weren't specifically implying that I said those things? I agree that Oshie is a very physical player that initiates contact on his own, even when controlling the puck. When he commits a penalty it should be whistled, just the same as any other player in the league. So if we agree about that and my comments are dumb, then what are you saying about yourself?

I'm not elusive. I just enjoy playing "hard to get."

I'm not "easy" like Mafiaman. :D

AA blew it!!

Great win for the Gophs :angry:

big win for sure. will be interesting to see what happens to the loser of your game tomorrow night. both may hold on but thats right on the bubble without a doubt. the wcha may sneak in 6 teams afterall with umd out now and i see uw falling out as well.

big win for sure. will be interesting to see what happens to the loser of your game tomorrow night. both may hold on but thats right on the bubble without a doubt. the wcha may sneak in 6 teams afterall with umd out now and i see uw falling out as well.

I think 6 teams for sure now man, being that both of us are T11 now with teams behind us not really doing much. I see what you're saying though, the loser is still in jeopardy of dropping out but I think the winner might move into the top 10.

I know everyone is pissed and doesn't care but if you didn't catch the Gopher game it was a nuts one (okay I'll just talk to AZSIOUX on the game). Basically we got smoked in overtime but Carman got a nice shot off from a few feet inside the blue line, puck got deflected and went right over Zacharias' head. Although it was a hard save to make, he played it dumb by droppin down low so early. We looked like the better team most of the night though, another phenomenal night for Kangas, I think we, as well as the Sioux, take care of business tomorrow because of good goaltending and improved special teams for both of us (well, can't be any worse on the PP/PK)

heres what we have for sunday

CCHA Tournament

Northern Michigan at Michigan State 7:05 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 3

Ferris State at Notre Dame 7:05 ET CCHA Quarterfinal Game 3

CHA Tournament

Bemidji State at Niagara 2:00 ET CHA Championship (Lewiston, NY) (AUTO BID TO NCAA TOURNEY ON THE LINE)

ECAC Tournament

Colgate at Clarkson 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 3

Quinnipiac at Harvard 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 3

Yale at Princeton 7:00 ET ECAC Quarterfinal Game 3

HEA Tournament

Mass.-Lowell at Boston University 7:00 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 3

Northeastern at Vermont 7:00 ET Hockey East Quarterfinal Game 3

AHA Tournament

Mercyhurst vs. Air Force 7:00 ET AHA Championship (Rochester, NY) (AUTO BID TO NCAA TOURNEY ON THE LINE)

WCHA Tournament

Minnesota at Minnesota State 7:05 CT WCHA First Round Game 3

im guessing BU and NOTRE DAME wins knock uw off the bubble where they stand now, or just 1 of them winning