SiouxSports.com Forum

Brett Favre retires?

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

Thank God Brett Farve did NOT retire. I have been a Vikings fan all my life, I was born the same year the Minnesota Vikings were(1961). I have obviously disliked the Packers for years, for some reason I've always liked Farve. Yesterday I brought my 7 year old son to his 1st Vikings game, what a treat for both him & I. We both wore our Brett Farve jerseys and he completes 22 for 25 with 4 touchdowns in less than 3 quarters. We had pretty good seats(35 yd line, 25th row from the field), it's amazing in person to see how he can read a defense. I know there's still some very important football to be played, but what a fantastic start thanks to Brett Farve.

• 1 month later...

Besides the obvious talent Farve brings to the team, I think his enthisium and love of the game is what has brought the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game. To see a man of his age do this well is a real treat...it gives us 40+ guys a great lift, keep rollin Brett. I think he's proven without question that he can still play the game. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl I feel Brett will retire for good this time, if they lose next week or in the Super Bowl he will be back.

Besides the obvious talent Farve brings to the team, I think his enthisium and love of the game is what has brought the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game. To see a man of his age do this well is a real treat...it gives us 40+ guys a great lift, keep rollin Brett. I think he's proven without question that he can still play the game. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl I feel Brett will retire for good this time, if they lose next week or in the Super Bowl he will retire, then be back, then retire, then back, then retire, then back, then retire, then... You get the picture.

Fixed your post

Either way, any bets on whether or not when he unretires again, he'll be back with the Vikings?

My prediction is this: I won't predict which team he'll end up on (probably not with the Vikings again) but he retires until about the same time next year as he unretired to sign with the Vikings this year.

If the Vikings were smart, they'd try to re-sign him to a 1 year contract with a player option for a second year with a provision stating that training camp is voluntary.

Yeah, it's primadona-esque, but it might give Childress a few more years.

If not, Childress is cooked as AP isn't as dominant as everyone thought and the Vikings have NADA behind Favre at QB.

Didn't he sign a 2-year deal with Minnesota? It seems like he did.

EDIT: Yeah he is signed through 2010 so he either plays for Minnesota or goes home, anyones guess on those 2 options.

Meaningless.

Junior Seau did the same thing with Miami, "retired" and then unretired to join the Patriots.

Favre WILL retire this offseason regardless. Whether he unretires and rejoins the Vikings after training camp or unretires and joins a different team is another thing entirely.

Since he is an attention whore and can undeniably still play, I think he should make a run at QBing as many teams as he can before becoming too old.

Meaningless.

Junior Seau did the same thing with Miami, "retired" and then unretired to join the Patriots.

Favre WILL retire this offseason regardless. Whether he unretires and rejoins the Vikings after training camp or unretires and joins a different team is another thing entirely.

Since he is an attention whore and can undeniably still play, I think he should make a run at QBing as many teams as he can before becoming too old.

You can't do that, say "I retire" and then come back with whoever you want, you have to fulfill your contract. Don't you think every good player on a rotten team would do that if they could?

Seau was a free agent.

Favre must be a boil on your a** or you have a hidden man-crush for all the venom you spew about him.

I'm a Packer backer. I'm glad we have Rodgers for our future. But come on...41 yrs. old with 37 TDs and 7 INTs! Give him some props...he's making most MIN fans say "AP who?" This is his show from here on out and at 41 myself what he is doing is amazing. (He is a diva but we all knew that years ago.)

I don't like the way he handles himself.

The way he pushed Green Bay around... tearful retirement...oh wait, I'm back but even before that, using the media to jerk everyone around.

Yeah, I don't like him for that. It has nothing to do with his on field performances.

It also doesn't help that the media has the world's biggest man crush on him.

He'd better not get too close to a hockey arena. NHL Network and Sidney Crosby might get jealous.