SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All streaks have to end sometime and today would be a great time for that to happen! :huh:

Here is to a great series this weekend! :D

do they have to end? not sure - it will end april 12th hopefully :)

love the beavers but today go sioux

Hakstol pre-game comments:

Very nice to be back here.

You just have to keep working. I think we've been able to keep a fairly even keel for the past few months, and even throughout the season. One thing we've had this year is good work ethic, and we're certainly not changing that.

I think we've been able to pick up intensity more often or not. There's been a couple of periods where we've had sub-par periods, but for the most part, we've played hard and found ways to win.

I think BSU plays the game uptempo, there's no question. They forecheck aggressively. The play hard. They haven't had as much success in the WCHA this year, but that may be because they haven't caught anyone off guard like they have in the past.

Last years game were a 1 goal game and a 1 goal game in the back half of the series here, until late in the 3rd. They've all been close battles, and I expect the same thing today.

There first forechecker will come very hard, similar to what Denver did last weekend. BSU F1 will be as aggressive as any. Our defensemen have done a good job of handling that, and that needs to continue today. You have to be smart, have to read plays that are coming at you quickly, and as a D-pair, you have to communicate back there.

They do a pretty good job on their special teams. It shows they're a good balanced hockey team. They work hard on their specialty teams. They go short shifts on their PK, and go hard for their shifts.

Martens goes to the left side tonight with Radke out. It changes the outlook of that line, and it gives us a chance to look at something new. That line could be very good for us, and that will be something we'll look at this weekend.

Lines per Brads blog

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

nodak.gif

UND's lines

10 Andrew Kozek--7 T.J. Oshie--16 Ryan Duncan

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

22 Brad Malone--19 Evan Trupp--21 Matt Frattin

8 Ryan Martens--11 Darcy Zajac--14 Brad Miller

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Scratches - Davidson-Forney-Marto-Radke (suspended 2 games)

bemidji.gif

Bemidji State's lines

14 Tyler Scofield--8 Travis Winter--28 Matt Read

22 Blaine Jarvis--13 Matt Pope--21 Brandon Marino

15 Ryan Cramer--26 Tyler Lehrke--17 Matt Francis

20 Joey Moggach--23 Chris McKelvie--11 Ian Lowe

7 Cody Bostock--6 Riley Weseloski

9 Chris Peluso--5 Graham McManamin

25 David Deterding--27 Kyle Hardwick

33 Matt Climie

35 Orlando Alamano

Not a very loud "Sioux" at the end of the Nat. Anthem...

Student section empty?

Ya, we noticed that too. Crowd looks fairly dense though.

I hear there's been a push this year for honoring the Sioux name by being more respectful of the Ntl Anthem, more innovative and 'appropriate' cheers, etc... Maybe they said something to the crowd before this game???

Ya, we noticed that too. Crowd looks fairly dense though.

I hear there's been a push this year for honoring the Sioux name by being more respectful of the Ntl Anthem, more innovative and 'appropriate' cheers, etc... Maybe they said something to the crowd before this game???

Could be...and I'm ok with that...it's just that I'm, "conditioned" from the old days...

:huh: