SiouxSports.com Forum

MORE PENALTIES!

siouxkid12

Kudos to the WCHA for addressing this. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated any longer. Better to attempt to nip this in the bud now, rather than dealing with this during the playoffs.

its fine but why not do your job as a ref as it clearly states in the rulebook and throw radke and testwuide out to begin with which was the biggest mistake by the ref and the 2nd fight probably doesnt happen. seems simple to me. fights happen. oh well. thats why there are penalty boxes and refs to control them but when DU lets all their players back on the ice then somethings going to go down and radke took care of 1 of the 4 guys around genoway. oh well, its over ans all penalties have been handed down unless gwoz thinks of anything else ??? time to sweep BSU and that lets miller or davidson to get in for radke.

Right call on the WCHA's part, bad move by Marco. Saw this one coming, but yes again the ref's lost control of the situation. I still chuckle when you look at the whole situation and we got the better end of it all.

He didn't get a penalty in the scrum but what is Jones non-penalty streak up to?

I think that Gwoz should be suspended for allowing his players on the ice at the end of the period. There is a tunnell to his locker room, they shold have used it. Now Radke gets another game suspension. What about Mannino? Nothing he was the instigator, he should be gone. I have no problem with Radke, doing what we did or sitting for it, but after taking a second look they should have got it all right.

I think that Gwoz should be suspended for allowing his players on the ice at the end of the period. There is a tunnell to his locker room, they shold have used it. Now Radke gets another game suspension. What about Mannino? Nothing he was the instigator, he should be gone. I have no problem with Radke, doing what we did or sitting for it, but after taking a second look they should have got it all right.

I don't think there is any video on how it started that is why WoMannino will not get anything extra. But I do believe that Gwoz should be disciplined (fined) but not suspended for his inflammatory attitude coming out on the ice. Eades priority was calming the situation I feel Gwoz's was almost the opposite.

Right call on the WCHA's part, bad move by Marco. Saw this one coming, but yes again the ref's lost control of the situation. I still chuckle when you look at the whole situation and we got the better end of it all.

He didn't get a penalty in the scrum but what is Jones non-penalty streak up to?

It is at 18 games.

It is actually 19 out of 20 games without a penalty. That is impressive, I mean I thought UND was a bunch of goons.

Kudos to the WCHA for addressing this. This kind of behavior cannot be tolerated any longer. Better to attempt to nip this in the bud now, rather than dealing with this during the playoffs.

what kind of behavior are you talking about? the clutching and grabbing, or the fact that the refs screwed up again! the fact is, is no team is as physical and skilled as the sioux are so teams resort to aggitating the sioux and then they usually finish it! i think its time to clean house on the reffing front and bring in a whole new bunch of refs because these ones cant get it done!

what kind of behavior are you talking about? the clutching and grabbing, or the fact that the refs screwed up again! the fact is, is no team is as physical and skilled as the sioux are so teams resort to aggitating the sioux and then they usually finish it! i think its time to clean house on the reffing front and bring in a whole new bunch of refs because these ones cant get it done!

I think the WCHA should also look into cleaning house on the refs, but I don't think you can do that without getting rid of the linesman, and for the most part I think the linesman do a consistent, which translates into decent job.

It won't happen though if Shep remains at the helm.

Gwozdicky absolutely should be punished for encouraging a player join a fight. I haven't seen a bench clearing brawl that the Sioux have been involved in and that would have been it.

UND suspended Hakstol for a much lesser event.

Also Hunt should be disciplined for 1) Allowing the Denver players out on the ice after a period. 2) Allowing all kinds of cheap stuff to lead to this, specifically a number of slashes including the one on Malone, and... 3)Not throwing Radke and Testuide out when they got into it.

Gwozdicky absolutely should be punished for encouraging a player join a fight. I haven't seen a bench clearing brawl that the Sioux have been involved in and that would have been it.

UND suspended Hakstol for a much lesser event.

Also Hunt should be disciplined for 1) Allowing the Denver players out on the ice after a period. 2) Allowing all kinds of cheap stuff to lead to this, specifically a number of slashes including the one on Malone, and... 3)Not throwing Radke and Testuide out when they got into it.

if #3 happens this thread doesnt exist. doesnt make any sense why hunt isnt being suspended. oh wait i know, they dont have enough damn refs with that other tool already suspended. adam should just be suspended for being himself

if #3 happens this thread doesnt exist. doesnt make any sense why hunt isnt being suspended. oh wait i know, they dont have enough damn refs with that other tool already suspended. adam should just be suspended for being himself

I think we would have seen some other players fighting. Hunt was officiating for a split and a brawl Saturday night.

We will never know if he is suspended or not the league operates under a shroud of secrecy.

We will never know if he is suspended or not the league operates under a shroud of secrecy.

Right, we know everything about the league except for the official evaluations of the well paid on ice officials. (And of course the players medical situation which is the result of a federal law, not league policy.)