SiouxSports.com Forum

kozek's first goal

tfontaine

who else recognized Kozek's first goal? it looks exactly like mike eruzione's goal to win the 1980 olympics. probably not as important but still one hell of a snapper.

Oy. Definitely not as important as Eruzione's goal. Also note that Eruzione's goal was the game-winner against the Soviet Union. The USA still had to win its next game in order to win the gold medal in 1980.

Great first post. :D

Oy. Definitely not as important as Eruzione's goal. Also note that Eruzione's goal was the game-winner against the Soviet Union. The USA still had to win its next game in order to win the gold medal in 1980.

Great first post. :D

I'd also like to point out that the Sioux have yet to beat the Soviet Union....but at least we haven't lost to them yet either. :)

The Soviet Dynamo team or something like that. Justin Duberman was the best player for the Sioux that night if I recall.

Moscow Dynamo was the team. They did a tour of college teams back in the 1988-1989 season. After beating schools mercilessly, they played UND in front of about 4,500 fans and the Sioux played tough in a 6-4 loss. Justin Duberman played probably the best game of his career that night, tallying a hat trick.

Moscow Dynamo was the team. They did a tour of college teams back in the 1988-1989 season. After beating schools mercilessly, they played UND in front of about 4,500 fans and the Sioux played tough in a 6-4 loss. Justin Duberman played probably the best game of his career that night, tallying a hat trick.

thats sweet that they played them. cool bit of history to know. thanks mm

Didn't we also play the Russians during their '79 tour before the '80 olympics? I seem to remember playing an olympic team - maybe it was the US. My memory (which has been know to be faulty - though I'll never admit it) tells me that whoever we played, we got beat big time.

I know we played the 1984 US Olympic Team at the old Winter Sports Building. Brian Leetch was the big star who went on to have a great NHL career.

Apparently it was another player I was thinking of, not Leetch.

thats sweet that they played them. cool bit of history to know. thanks mm

The 1987-1988 Team went over to Russia for some kind of competition as well. Mike Lamoine (who's still around town) made the trip as I recall. This was the Team that had just lost Hrkac, Joyce (own's the boards), Kidd(went to Detroit too) and Belfour so I don't think we did that well.

The Soviet Dynamo team or something like that. Justin Duberman was the best player for the Sioux that night if I recall.

Justin DOOOOOOOOOOOOObbberman!

ah brings back memories.

Dubes, Ward, Romenuk, and the venerable Johnson...

I miss Johnson, he was so fast i swear he had a breakaway every game, and a breakaway for him included a defender between him and the goal which he always skated right by even if the defender pinched him into the boards he would squirt out the other side like a wet pea. :lol:

I think someone should start a Greg Johnson thread and we can reminisce. Anyone remember the time he flipped the puck over the net and bounced it off the goalie?

and then there was Ward Mr. Camper.. how many goals did he get hanging out right up against the post on the weak side.

..speaking of that, that is the one thing we need this year. We are not getting our fair share of rebound slap-in goals. Every game has the puck just sitting on the door step and we cant get a stick on it.. and every time it happens it reminds me of the regional in Colorado Springs like a bad dream.. seems like every goal we get is a thing of beauty. The Sioux need more Garbage goals!

Where is Ward... doesn't he have a kid our something?