SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo better than Grand Forks

jimdahl

Fargo flips over Pancake record

FARGO, N.D. -- This feast was for the record books, and it only took 34,818 pancakes to get there.

Thousands of people, including an official with Guinness World Records, escaped the bone-chilling winter weather on Saturday for the 50th anniversary of The Kiwanis Club's Pancake Karnival fundraiser.

Grillers flipped flapjacks and served them with sausages and orange juice for most of the day until they more than surpassed the 30,724 pancakes served in 2002 by the Lubbock, Texas, Lions Club.

Dear Fargo,

What a stupid record and a big waste of time.

Sincerely,

Grand Forks and their record for french fries

so.cal.sioux-

I didn't see any smileys so I don't know if this was dripping sarcasim, which I hope it was. Getting the record was just something neet to do for the 50th annual feed, but we've raised close to $750,000 over the years for youth organization throughout the area.

I just hope Fargo and GF can come together for the U20 in 2011 and have the new UP Center as one of the secondary sites for the tourney. Only makes sense. Lots of hotels and easy drive between the two cities.

so.cal.sioux-

I didn't see any smileys so I don't know if this was dripping sarcasim, which I hope it was. Getting the record was just something neet to do for the 50th annual feed, but we've raised close to $750,000 over the years for youth organization throughout the area.

I just hope Fargo and GF can come together for the U20 in 2011 and have the new UP Center as one of the secondary sites for the tourney. Only makes sense. Lots of hotels and easy drive between the two cities.

:D

are we good now?