FG%: MSU 48%, UND 40%

FT%: MSU 71%, UND 75%

3pt%: MSU 44%, UND 44% (both teams 4-9)

Rebounds: MSU 23, UND 13

Turnovers: 5 for each team

Scoring Leaders

UND: Little 14, Youmens 11

MSU: Morrow 12, Santos 9

UND is doing a great job taking care of the ball tonight. They need to shoot better and get better on the rebounds. MSU has 8 offensive rebounds.

Koenig is not playing tonight due to an upper body injury sustained in practice this week

I thought it was all "Rich Glas" fault..... ;)

For what it's worth...like Rich Glas, Brian Jones seems like a very nice guy. He's done a better job than Rich did the last few years of his tenure against the DAC and lower level NSIC teams (so far). But 3-15 vs. NCC opponents is pretty disappointing, to say the least. :huh: Granted, 3-15 was also Rich's record in his first year in a then much larger NCC. But that was a team with its best player out for the season (Vonesh) and very little else in terms of talent. And obviously things were much different his second year. I think most people had much higher expectations for this year's team than what has been shown from the Iowa State game forward.

For what it's worth...like Rich Glas, Brian Jones seems like a very nice guy. He's done a better job than Rich did the last few years of his tenure against the DAC and lower level NSIC teams (so far). But 3-15 vs. NCC opponents is pretty disappointing, to say the least. ;) Granted, 3-15 was also Rich's record in his first year in a then much larger NCC. But that was a team with its best player out for the season (Vonesh) and very little else in terms of talent. And obviously things were much different his second year. I think most people had much higher expectations for this year's team than what has been shown from the Iowa State game forward.

You are better at research then me, or at least have a better memory....But other than the couple teams from 89 thru 92 at UND, has the NCC produced any regional winners on to the National Tourney....?

I know both Metro and Winona have had some regional success, then Natl success, but were not both of them with some talent from overseas..(australia)....?

Certainly I would like to be able to compete like we use to in the NCC (top half), but I was never convinced with or without Rich that we could compete on a regional or national level without some sort of transfers.

Over 300 schools play D2 basketball, now we are moving to D1 where close to 350 schools play basketball......WE certainly have are work cut out for us to be competetive.....?

It is going to be really difficult (imo) to get the talent needed at UND....

I guess the other thing that disappoints me is that we do not use our connections enough....

All of these players could have helped the Sioux the last 3-4 years, some are on Rich and some on the current staff...

Corey McIntosh...Augie

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3925...;u_sid=10247301

Jadee Jones.....MSU - Darcy Deustch's Nephew-Did not Recruit

Alto Santos......MSU - UNI ( was not interested in him)

Nelson.....Northen State- (not good enough out of Mayville..?)

With Jake and Mac at UNI and Iowa State why are we not using these connections to help ourselfs....?

I guess the other thing that disappoints me is that we do not use our connections enough....

All of these players could have helped the Sioux the last 3-4 years, some are on Rich and some on the current staff...

Corey McIntosh...Augie

With Jake and Mac at UNI and Iowa State why are we not using these connections to help ourselfs....?

Take it back further if you want; Scott Hanson=Dakota Prairie played at Northern (Elite 8 team with 3 starters/key reserves from North Dakota that Rich never

talked too)

Kevin Burkhard=Lakota played at Northern

Kevin Aronson=Crary, played at Moorhead St. and led NSIC in scoring

Those are 3 Rich, Ben, etc. chose not to recruit. We've looked in other pastures for many years Walrus. Why would this coaching staff do it any differently?

There is no way we'd be in this position if we'd hired someone with local ties, right? ;)

Man, let it go...

That is not what I said, I said alot of fans blamed it all on Rich......I do not care who your Coach is, it is damn hard to win at North Dakota, It is about time some of you fans appreciate what we have accomplished and how hard it will be to get back there, and now we have to try and reach even higher levels.....?

Corey McIntosh...Augie

You can add Dylan Grimsley of USD (ex-UNI) to that list, as well.

Our high school recruiting just hasn't been very good for the past several years. The last high school recruit to make the all-conference team was Evan Lindahl, and he was recruited in 2001 or so?

How much, if at all, did we recruit players such as SCSU's David Dreas (Winona), USD's Tyler Cain (Rochester), UMD's John Veaudreuil (Bloomington) and MSU's Jake Morrow (somewhere in Wisconsin)? How about transfers such as Jared Nuness (Minnesota), or any of the really good transfers Mankato has had over the past five years or so (Jamel Staten, Luke Anderson, Paris Kyles)? I do know we tried unsuccessfully to get Brian Sykora, who is having a nice season at UMD after playing at an Arizona juco last year. Fargo North's Eric Erdmann at Mary is another player who seems to be able to score who would probably be a welcome addition to this team.

In fairness, we seem to have an inordinately high number of players who have had much of their ability taken away by injuries (Koenig, Harkins, Doyle). That certainly hasn't helped matters, but it's not enough to completely explain the team's struggles, either. I can accept not being very good, but being the worst team in the conference in any sport is difficult to accept, and right now it appears we are the worst. ;)

You are better at research then me, or at least have a better memory....But other than the couple teams from 89 thru 92 at UND, has the NCC produced any regional winners on to the National Tourney....?

I know both Metro and Winona have had some regional success, then Natl success, but were not both of them with some talent from overseas..(australia)....?

Certainly I would like to be able to compete like we use to in the NCC (top half), but I was never convinced with or without Rich that we could compete on a regional or national level without some sort of transfers.

Over 300 schools play D2 basketball, now we are moving to D1 where close to 350 schools play basketball......WE certainly have are work cut out for us to be competetive.....?

It is going to be really difficult (imo) to get the talent needed at UND....

Metro definitely had a number of foreign-born players, but I believe Winona has had mostly high school recruits. I suspect the past few years have been similar for them to what UND had from 1989-93. I don't think they'll be able to sustain it after this year, but it's been a nice run.

There is no way we'd be in this position if we'd hired someone with local ties, right? ;)

You can say that if you want, mockingly I'm sure, however, Craig Smith deserved an interview. His record speaks for itself. It is too early to throw Coach Jones under the bus but if someone can tell how this team will get any better in the next 5 years with no league, no hope for the playoffs, and a team that is already not very good.....................I don't see it.