SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

Saw this blog posted in the St. Cloud times in the sports section.

http://65.36.138.212/publicus/blog/Read.as...iteName=HHOCKEY

Couple of tidbits:

Forget about the protestors (there will be a group of people marching against North Dakota's use of its Native American nickname). Never mind that T.J. Oshie will miss Friday's game because of his second arrest in as many years (a set of circumstances that would've earned him a six-game ban at SCSU, based on the Huskies' student-athlete code of conduct).

As for UND, it's pretty plain what Jonathan Toews meant to this team. Without him, Oshie (a St. Louis Blues first-rounder) and Hobey Baker winner Ryan Duncan have been relatively quiet. They've each got 16 points. At that rate, they'll barely top half of their scoring totals from a year ago. Meanwhile, Toews continues to look like a potential rookie of the year with the Chicago Blackhawks.

"I don't really have any moxed emotions about that," Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said this week. "I'm happy and proud for Jonathan. He sums up a big part of what we do as college coaches. Certain things are important, like education and development, and to be a part of that for someone who has been able to move up and on so well, I couldn't feel better.

"There were high expectations on our team this year, and rightly so, but they may not have been fair. When you lose a Jonathan Toews and a Brian Lee (a first-rounder of the Ottawa Senators), it's going to have an impact."

And, until at least Saturday, they'll be without Oshie, too, courtesy of his disorderly conduct charge from last Sunday. It all should make for another entertaining series in the rivalry that keeps growing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering about tickets for the game on Saturday!

I just checked Ticketmaster and the only tickets available for Saturday is standing room only. Does anyone know if there are ticket scalpers at SCSU before the game or does anyone on here have extra tickets? I'll be attending the pre-game party at the Holiday Inn on Saturday if that helps. Thanks for any help or advice on how to get some tickets.

This is my first away game this year and it won't be the last. I just graduated and now I'll be traveling around following the Sioux this winter. GO SIOUX!

Saw this blog posted in the St. Cloud times in the sports section.

http://65.36.138.212/publicus/blog/Read.as...iteName=HHOCKEY

Couple of tidbits:

Forget about the protestors (there will be a group of people marching against North Dakota's use of its Native American nickname). Never mind that T.J. Oshie will miss Friday's game because of his second arrest in as many years (a set of circumstances that would've earned him a six-game ban at SCSU, based on the Huskies' student-athlete code of conduct).

As for UND, it's pretty plain what Jonathan Toews meant to this team. Without him, Oshie (a St. Louis Blues first-rounder) and Hobey Baker winner Ryan Duncan have been relatively quiet. They've each got 16 points. At that rate, they'll barely top half of their scoring totals from a year ago. Meanwhile, Toews continues to look like a potential rookie of the year with the Chicago Blackhawks.

"I don't really have any moxed emotions about that," Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said this week. "I'm happy and proud for Jonathan. He sums up a big part of what we do as college coaches. Certain things are important, like education and development, and to be a part of that for someone who has been able to move up and on so well, I couldn't feel better.

"There were high expectations on our team this year, and rightly so, but they may not have been fair. When you lose a Jonathan Toews and a Brian Lee (a first-rounder of the Ottawa Senators), it's going to have an impact."

And, until at least Saturday, they'll be without Oshie, too, courtesy of his disorderly conduct charge from last Sunday. It all should make for another entertaining series in the rivalry that keeps growing.

tell that dumbass that tj wasnt arrested last year, jimminy fkn crickets

rivalry?? really..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, news to me.

tell that dumbass that tj wasnt arrested last year, jimminy fkn crickets

rivalry?? really..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, news to me.

The media actually doing something and checking the accuracy of their facts? Never gonna happen.

just a quick stat before we hit friday

2007/08 through 17 games played

oshie = 16 points

duncan = 16 points

2006/07 stats through 17 games

oshie = 13 points

duncan = 18 points

i forget if tj missed any games through the first 17 game in 06/07 but either way the whole team started slower stat wise along with toews and we all know how he came back both seasons after the world juniors. nothing much to it as i know it has nothing to do with this season so spare that stuff please but just wanted to point it out :lol: go sioux and WHOOP the st cloud 1 and doners this weekend!!

It will be a tough series as SCSU will be ready. I think the Sioux will come out hard and rally without TJ. I can't believe I am saying this but I think the Sioux will sweep this series!! Go Sioux.... I will be watching on CSTV tomorrow night!