SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Far West Hockey League

Bison_Kent

Since the Sioux season is over, I thought I would bring up a new topic in the hockey world. In searching through the Big Sky schools, I found that Weber State, along with Colorado State, BYU, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State are starting a new western hockey league next year. Here is a link to the Weber State site stating this.

http://bigskyconference.community.everyone.net

and go to Weber State and then Weber Hockey Moving Up.

Any one else heard of this happening and what the waiting period for an automatic bid is?

Representatives from Arizona State, BYU, the University of Utah and Weber State met in Salt Lake City to form Hockey West, a Division I league of the American Collegiate Hockey Association.

The American Collegiate Hockey Association is a club hockey league. Mankato has an ACHA team as well as the NCAA D-I club. Believe me, there is no comparison. There are some schools that do pretty well playing ACHA hockey (Penn State and Iowa State come to mind) but it is still a huge step up to NCAA hockey.