SiouxSports.com Forum

OTHER WCHA GAMES - Oct 25,26,27

AZSIOUX

Don Adam fails to call a kneeling penalty on the Gophers. Woog is quite certain it should have been called.

yes it should have been called and wow i saw that stoa hit as well on replay as i havent seen it and that was very dirty! did that guy get a penalty for that hit on stoa? should have been easily. hate to see anyone lose their season on a hit like that.

i watched the game and thought that osu didnt bring anything to the table in the first period and only showed moments of brilliance there wasnt much of a crowd there tonight. I was switching between the baseball game and the gopher game and noticed that wheeler seemed to be in the right place but couldnt produce the right income(just had to add that)

What a couple of morons calling the game.

They show the Stoa hit and talk about how cheap it was and then they turn around and praise the same type of hit and make it the "Hit of the Game".

I disagree, the hit of the game was a beautiful, well executed hip check. If you can find the video it is worth seeing. BTW, as much as I hate this, Gopher wins against OSU help us...

I disagree, the hit of the game was a beautiful, well executed hip check. If you can find the video it is worth seeing. BTW, as much as I hate this, Gopher wins against OSU help us...

The point was that the hit on Stoa was very nearly the same hit. Since they called the one a dirty hit then the "Hit of the Game" couldn't have been beautiful, could it?

The point was that the hit on Stoa was very nearly the same hit. Since they called the one a dirty hit then the "Hit of the Game" couldn't have been beautiful, could it?

I guess I would say 1 was a knee and the other was a hit. Similar, maybe? but not the same. The hit of the game was clean.

I guess I would say 1 was a knee and the other was a hit. Similar, maybe? but not the same. The hit of the game was clean.

I guess I don't understand you. The hit that they showed and said that Stoa was put out for the year was a hip check the same as the "hit of the game."

Wow! Minnesota has a really tough non-conference schedule. :crazy:

RPI

(Young and weak) Michigan

Ohio State

US NDTP

RIT

Air Force

BC (for good measure)

Wayne State

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I wonder if they can get the Eden Prairie JV team to play them for a real nail biter... :huh:

Anything to get some wins for Donnie Boy.

I guess I don't understand you. The hit that they showed and said that Stoa was put out for the year was a hip check the same as the "hit of the game."

Join the crowd... :huh:

I watch the hit of the game and it was an absolutely beautiful and clean hit. I would not compare it to any hit where a player used his knee, which is illegal. I'm not sure about the Stoa hit, but I am saying there was a dirty play in this game and a clean one, the clean on was the hit of the game.

I would add though that the hit of the game should have been Derek Fischer blowing up his own goalie... :crazy:

the hit on STOA was a joke. the michigan guy actually bends down a foot or so, angles his shoulders and skates and then goes straight at stoas knees. the other i though was a penalty as well but not to that extent. that michigan player will gte his someday. karma

boring game. osu only showed up in the third period. not a big crown, one of those boring atmosphere games.

I watched the Wild and Oilers last night, very exciting game.

Contrary to my buddy that likes the Red Wings. :lol:

They even had a shoot-out...

Wow! Minnesota has a really tough non-conference schedule. :lol:

RPI

Ohio State

US NDTP

RIT

Air Force

BC (for good measure)

Wayne State

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I wonder if they can get the Eden Prairie JV team to play them for a real nail biter... :lol:

I see you convienently forgot about the weekend where the Gophers play at Michigan and Michigan State. I wouldn't exactly say that playing Michigan twice(neither of which is at Mariucci), at Michigan State, and Boston College would constitue a weak non- conference schedule. And Ohio State isn't that bad a team either, they beat Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

I see you convienently forgot about the weekend where the Gophers play at Michigan and Michigan State. I wouldn't exactly say that playing Michigan twice(neither of which is at Mariucci), at Michigan State, and Boston College would constitue a weak non- conference schedule. And Ohio State isn't that bad a team either, they beat Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

I don't think Michigan is ever weak. They're not as strong as they were last year, but watching them a few weeks ago, they appeared to be pretty typical Michigan. Watched the game last night though, and wasn't very impressed with Ohio State. However, if memory serves (and it may not), this year's NC schedule for Minny is pretty weak compared to past years.

and the SIEVE comes out of the woods to spread wisdom throughout

the schedule is what it is. who cares. we have played crappy teams as well in recent years

but damn you SIEVE, why dont you ever add your delightful insite on anything else on this board besides something to do with your rodents? you must be obsessed with sioux hockey and this site :D sound famaliar??

I see you convienently forgot about the weekend

I don't think Michigan is ever weak. They're not as strong as they were last year, but watching them a few weeks ago, they appeared to be pretty typical Michigan. Watched the game last night though, and wasn't very impressed with Ohio State. However, if memory serves (and it may not), this year's NC schedule for Minny is pretty weak compared to past years.

:lol: Wow, I guess it must be a conspiracy if you can't play Michigan in the John.

Wow! Minnesota has a really tough non-conference schedule. :lol:

RPI

Ohio State

US NDTP

RIT

Air Force

BC (for good measure)

Wayne State

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I wonder if they can get the Eden Prairie JV team to play them for a real nail biter... :lol:

That is a very weak non-conference schedule.

That is a very weak non-conference schedule.

mich, bc, mich st and mich again plus maye BC isnt that bad at all. we always play that USNDTP game and dont this year. they may lose a decent amount of these but doesnt mean they are weak teams. we will know that in march.

we played northeastern and they arent considered to be a top program along with bemidji state.