SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ NORTHEASTERN

AZSIOUX

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A sick team with a win. Should be a fun weekend in Houghton. Tech sounds like they are more competitive. My first chance to the the Team in person this season. GO SIOUX!!!

are you on Al's bus? If my guess is accuarate, there will be at least 70-75 fans in Houghton next weekend.

I watched the game on northeasterns website. The quality really went downhill after the first period. It is good to see a "W". You can tell its early in the season. Play tends to be a little sloppy at times. Great to see some scoring from the other lines. Looking forward to next week.

Dave Hakstol:

Northeastern worked very hard. We dodged a bullet with all the penalties we took. We allowed a hard-working team to gain momentum. We did a good job in the third period. We made some plays and didn't give up a whole lot.

We had some good opportunities on the power play. Penalty kill starts in goal and Lamoureux did a good job. We expended a lot of engery last night and coming here and having to kill a lot of penalties took a lot out of us.

We had to generate more off the rush and we did that in the third period.

Kozek gets it and snaps it home. That's what he can do. It's a skill and ability he has. He didn't get a ton of ice time because of all the power plays and penalty kills.

Phil earned the shoutout tonight. Made saves through traffic. Made some saves point-blank. His rebound control is excellent. He did a good job overall and that's the backbone.

Northeastern is a solid, hardworking team.

Readiness tonight wasn't there. That's the No. 1 thing we need to work on. They had a shot to knock off the No. 1 team in the country. We have to set the bar higher. There will be a heck of a welcome for us in Houghton next weekend.

J.P. Lamoureux:

This was a hostile environment. Reminds me of playing Bemidji where fans are right in your face. There was a guy with a horn yelling at me the whole night. He said some pretty nasty stuff. I thrive on that.

It's about backing each other up. When guys aren't playing well, you back them up. The two goals in the third took the pressure off me.

We're fortunate that we only needed one goal. There will be times when we're going to need to battle back. Leaned on my first half of the Michigan game. I battled back and helped the team win. I leaned on my experience from that game. It's all about winning games, no matter how you have to do it.

No question that everyone will give us their best shot. Need to show the younger guys what it takes to play for UND. We have to expect teams to try to beat the best team in the country. Michigan Tech is going to be hungry to knock us off in their own barn. We need to get back to practice and refocus.