SiouxSports.com Forum

South Dakota #1

bincitysioux

USD is the preseason #1 per the Sporting News for men's basketball. Link

Whether or not they will be when we play remains to be seen of course, but with USD twice, Northern St, Iowa St., and possibly Montevallo on the men's schedule this season, it could certainly be an exciting year, or at least entertaining, if Coach Jones gets the program on track and the team playing well.

USD is the preseason #1 per the Sporting News for men's basketball. Link

Whether or not they will be when we play remains to be seen of course, but with USD twice, Northern St, Iowa St., and possibly Montevallo on the men's schedule this season, it could certainly be an exciting year, or at least entertaining, if Coach Jones gets the program on track and the team playing well.

I checked the schedule and didn't see Montevallo. I know you said possibly, but isn't the schedule set yet? If the Sioux are to play Montevallo, would it be home or away? It would be just a short 228 mile road trip from here, if the Sioux are playing away. :lol:

I checked the schedule and didn't see Montevallo. I know you said possibly, but isn't the schedule set yet? If the Sioux are to play Montevallo, would it be home or away? It would be just a short 228 mile road trip from here, if the Sioux are playing away. :lol:

Montevallo is playing in GF over Thanksgiving for the tournament we're hosting. We're opening with Crookston and they with Western Oregon. So we could play them on the second night of the tourney if we both win.

Montevallo is playing in GF over Thanksgiving for the tournament we're hosting. We're opening with Crookston and they with Western Oregon. So we could play them on the second night of the tourney if we both win.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but wouldn't it be interesting and a bigger draw if the Sioux opened that tournament with Western Oregon instead of Crookston? You see Crookston every year if not twice a year, why not play Western Oregon and then have a chance at Montevallo?

I'm not trying to start anything here, but wouldn't it be interesting and a bigger draw if the Sioux opened that tournament with Western Oregon instead of Crookston? You see Crookston every year if not twice a year, why not play Western Oregon and then have a chance at Montevallo?

I really don't see a big difference in a match-up between UMC and WOU. Neither are very good teams, although WOU beat us last year, and we just eeked out a win against UMC. I doubt that many more Sioux fans would be interested in a matchup with WOU than they would UMC. But probably more UMC fans would want to make the 20 mile drive to watch their team play against the Sioux rather than a school from the West coast that they haven't heard of. Either way, their should be a good chance of UND meeting up with Montevallo on the second night.