SiouxSports.com Forum

text alerts

siouxrube

At one point Brad S. claimed the G.F. Herald was going to take this up this year. Any status on that, Brad?

It's hard enough to get right that I'd happily yield to the guys with the big bucks if they're going to offer a decent service.

Otherwise, I tested it last weekend with a non-UND team (only NCAA games show up) and it worked great. I'm going to do a limited test this weekend with UND. I might open up the test to message board readers tomorrow afternoon, which would help keep the crowd small.

It should be widely available after this weekend, assuming the test goes well.

At one point Brad S. claimed the G.F. Herald was going to take this up this year. Any status on that, Brad?

It's hard enough to get right that I'd happily yield to the guys with the big bucks if they're going to offer a decent service.

Otherwise, I tested it last weekend with a non-UND team (only NCAA games show up) and it worked great. I'm going to do a limited test this weekend with UND. I might open up the test to message board readers tomorrow afternoon, which would help keep the crowd small.

It should be widely available after this weekend, assuming the test goes well.

Even if it works intermittently like last year - I would still sign up. When I am unable to be by my computer any update is better than none!

Thanks!

This is still available, though not quite ready for wider advertisement than bumping this thread.

The last two week's end-of-game scores worked perfectly, within 5-10 minutes of the end of game. In-game remains hit or miss, but that still serves pretty well the target audience of people who aren't monitoring the game via other means. I haven't seen any risk of spurious extra message as with the early implementation last Spring (my biggest concern).

I'll be out tonight, monitoring the game via this mechanism, myself. So, if anything goes horribly wrong, unsubscribe :love:

Sigh. Until I began depending on them, I had no idea the college hockey scores on the news wires were of such variable quality. I know LAST night's score just went out as tonight's score, but that's what's currently on the wire.

Saturday Oct. 27

Yahoo! scoreboard Mich Tech. 3 - UND 1

CSTV scoreboard Mich Tech. 3 - UND 1

canoe.ca Mich Tech 3 - UND 1

The Sports Network Mich Tech 3 - UND 1

Argh.

Sigh. Until I began depending on them, I had no idea the college hockey scores on the news wires were of such variable quality. I know LAST night's score just went out as tonight's score, but that's what's currently on the wire.

Saturday Oct. 27

Yahoo! scoreboard Mich Tech. 3 - UND 1

CSTV scoreboard Mich Tech. 3 - UND 1

canoe.ca Mich Tech 3 - UND 1

The Sports Network Mich Tech 3 - UND 1

Argh.

I got the same thing.