SiouxSports.com Forum

New Website/Forum

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Jim, SiouxSports.com is a very good website. I am also a Notre Dame fan, but I do not like any of the Notre Dame fan sites that I have been to so far as much as SiouxSports.com. So here is the question. Would you like to do a Notre Dame site that is basically a copy of SiouxSports.com (IrishSports?)?

Now I know you probably will not, but it was a thought and I figured I would post it. Thanks! :)

Jim, SiouxSports.com is a very good website. I am also a Notre Dame fan, but I do not like any of the Notre Dame fan sites that I have been to so far as much as SiouxSports.com. So here is the question. Would you like to do a Notre Dame site that is basically a copy of SiouxSports.com (IrishSports?)?

Now I know you probably will not, but it was a thought and I figured I would post it. Thanks! :)

I think the Sioux football team could beat the Irish this year. I cheer for anyone that plays against Notre Dame, I hate those guys.

Throwing up a message board is pretty easy -- $10/month will get you a hosting company willing to set up and configure one for you. Minimal technical knowledge allows a little customization (color scheme, logo). That's why there are fan message boards for almost every team at every level.

Where it gets tricky is if you want to do much more than that, or if the message board starts to become very busy. When you hit those conditions, it requires a fair combination of technical expertise, time, and expense. SiouxSports.com has both problems -- a pretty busy message board, relative to the typical fan site, and a lot of customized features.

While it may be true that economies of scale (e.g. running multiple such sites) would shift it to money-making, my day job eliminates both the time available and financial incentive to try to become a professional web guy. So, while I personally certainly wouldn't go so far as to put forth this kind of effort and expense for a team of which I'm not a fan, I have been very happy over the years to give others advice and assistance in their own endeavors. :glare:

I know Chris over at eGriz is pursuing exactly such a business model, perhaps you should float the idea by him. http://www.missoulamedia.com/

Thanks Jim. I was doubtful that you would be a fan of Notre Dame, and of course if you are not a fan, it takes a lot of the fun out of doing the site/forum. The reason I brought it up on here is I really like the format of SiouxSports.com. The forum is nice and the other features (news, pics, standing, info, and etc.) are well lade out. You do a good job with SiouxSports.com. Thanks for the nice words.