SiouxSports.com Forum

CWU v UND

SiouxMD

Seattle is pretty jacked up right now, a lot of people around here think the Huskies have a shot to beat Ohio State on Saturday. I don't think they will get it done, but Ohio State hasn't been all that impressive in the first 2 games.

I hope they can do it. I have relatives in Seattle and hopefully I can get to a game out there sometime, perhaps against USC or the Apple Cup. That would be cool.

I hope they can do it. I have relatives in Seattle and hopefully I can get to a game out there sometime, perhaps against USC or the Apple Cup. That would be cool.

They have a nice home schedule this year, but I haven't had the time so far to even think about going to a game.

Perhaps U-Dub is coming to down?

Some of their players are:

Three UW castoffs find home at Central Washington

ELLENSBURG, Wash. - After getting suddenly dropped from the Washington football program, three players have landed on their feet at Central Washington. Chris Hemphill, Durrell Moss, and Charles Smith were freshmen with the Huskies in 2003. Then-coach Rick Neuheisel redshirted the three and promised then they would play a fifth year in return. Three years later, new coach Ty Willingham threw them a curve.

Prior to senior day last season, the three "fourth-year juniors" were told they would be honored with all the other seniors---because they weren't welcome back the next season.

The players weren't aware that their fifth year would be offered only if the new coach chose to use a scholarship on them. Willingham instead chose to give other young players the scholarships. Willingham won't comment on the issue.

"I was under the impression that I had five years to play four," said Hemphill. "He kind of dropped a bomb on me when he came and said there were some players he would let go. I didn't think I'd be one of them."