SiouxSports.com Forum

ND Boys' Tennis

NDSUFREAK10

Anyone in GF follow Boys' tennis at all? We (South) beat Central yesterday 9-0 and GFRR beat WF 9-0 yesterday as well. Only 3 undeafeated teams in the East in South, GFRR, and lucky North (who last year lost their entire Top 9).

South has a good opprotunity to beat RR this year and we are pumped to face them in 2 weeks.

Anyone in GF follow Boys' tennis at all? We (South) beat Central yesterday 9-0 and GFRR beat WF 9-0 yesterday as well. Only 3 undeafeated teams in the East in South, GFRR, and lucky North (who last year lost their entire Top 9).

South has a good opprotunity to beat RR this year and we are pumped to face them in 2 weeks.

That's not going to happen, but keep dreaming.

Come on. You can't be serious.

RR beats South 7-2, best case scenario for south.

My brother was part of that team... Man they were fun to watch the last couple years! I must say though, that I hope someone beats Red River this year lol

That's not going to happen, but keep dreaming.

in the 3-2 format we have a great chance. Parker Lawley CAN BEAT Chad Smith because all he does is get it in on a consistent basis. We saw that the last couple of years with Max beating him. Ryan McGuigan beat Kraft 2 years ago and has only gotten better. Eric Moe also beat Ladoucer 2 years ago (when we nearly beat them losing 5-4.) Doubles has a strong chance with beating who ever they put out because we are definitely strong with our doubles teams when we face the tough competition.

South was the last team to win EDC other than RR back in 2000 and the last team to beat them

• 2 weeks later...
Red River takes the dual 7-2.

oh, you forgot to mention that the 2 players that will be 2 and 3 for our EDC and State lineup beat red rivers top singles players in Kraft and Ladoucer. Not to mention our number one went 10-5 in a 3rd set tiebreaker against Chad. We have a very good chance in this years and next years EDC and State

You know i really dont think he forgot to mention. In fact i know he didnt, all he did was state the solid 7-2 win by RR. I think someone predicted a 7-2 win....best case scenario. But hey, at least you won your JV match.

jv? i didn't play varsity for red river and red river only the entire year but i'm playing 2 doubs for EDC and State. the one thing that we have the advantage going up against red river on friday morning is the mind set and how we want it more than they do and we're not afraid of this spell that red river has over everyone in the state. i'm not guarenteeing a win this weekend against them but i'm a guarenteeing a battle.

jv? i didn't play varsity for red river and red river only the entire year but i'm playing 2 doubs for EDC and State. the one thing that we have the advantage going up against red river on friday morning is the mind set and how we want it more than they do and we're not afraid of this spell that red river has over everyone in the state. i'm not guarenteeing a win this weekend against them but i'm a guarenteeing a battle.

I think that was me who predicted a 7-2 victory. Thank you very much

I will not argue that a team is more vulnerable in a 3-2 setting but you can not match RRHS's depth. You have 2 players that are capable of beating RR players. You need 3 to win.

Fact of the matter is, RR has not lost a state or regional, correct me if I am wrong, since 1999. You can come on here and proclaim South is a great tennis team but to that I will respond...

To be the man, you must beat the man. And the last time I checked you haven't done that in quite some time.

I think that was me who predicted a 7-2 victory. Thank you very much

I will not argue that a team is more vulnerable in a 3-2 setting but you can not match RRHS's depth. You have 2 players that are capable of beating RR players. You need 3 to win.

Fact of the matter is, RR has not lost a state or regional, correct me if I am wrong, since 1999. You can come on here and proclaim South is a great tennis team but to that I will respond...

To be the man, you must beat the man. And the last time I checked you haven't done that in quite some time.

In all do respect red river lost in regionals in 2000.....losing to Fargo South. We have 3 players able to compete and beat red river's top 3 and that was proved last tuesday when our #1 was VERY close to beating chad (he knows how to beat chad thanks to a young guy and friend named Max Piepkorn) Our #2 can beat kraft and our #3 has the ability to beat whoever RR puts at #3 (Ladoucer, which our #3 beat 6-1 6-3 or Davis.) Again, it will be competitive to the fullest and we're ready.

In all do respect red river lost in regionals in 2000.....losing to Fargo South. We have 3 players able to compete and beat red river's top 3 and that was proved last tuesday when our #1 was VERY close to beating chad (he knows how to beat chad thanks to a young guy and friend named Max Piepkorn) Our #2 can beat kraft and our #3 has the ability to beat whoever RR puts at #3 (Ladoucer, which our #3 beat 6-1 6-3 or Davis.) Again, it will be competitive to the fullest and we're ready.

"VERY" close is not a win. 2000 was the last time RR lost to South. Again, to be the man you must beat the man. Good Luck, you will need it.

"VERY" close is not a win. 2000 was the last time RR lost to South. Again, to be the man you must beat the man. Good Luck, you will need it.

Its all in the process. I bring up Max as an example because he went though the same thing parker is going through. got dominated, competed, studied the play, competed even better, win.

I kind of find this all amusing. And yes, I know the title is ND tennis. Now I haven't seen much of ND tennis, but I've seen some Twin Cities tennis, and these kids down here are dang good. I've also coached in Southern California and the kids down there are even better. So my question is this: Are these ND kids ranked on the junior circuit?

Would that be today?

I'm looking forward to seeing some results on this match.

See if NDSUFREAK10's prediciton of a battle came true.

Would that be today?

I'm looking forward to seeing some results on this match.

See if NDSUFREAK10's prediciton of a battle came true.

We lost 5-0 today. Parker took chad to 3 sets taking the first 6-1 and then losing the next 4-6 4-6, Kraft and McGuigan had a long tough match where the end score didn't say the whole thing. Joe Lee is just an unbelievable player and will be a state contender within a year beat Eric Moe our 3 handly. In doubs i lost to Yunker/Marahsinge 1 and 1 with the other doubles also dominating. Doubles results were not surprising at all because we knew we needed singles or else. hey, i didn't guarentee a win, it was a battle in singles and we still have 4 more meetings to look forward to (1 more this year hopefully and then 3 next year)

GFRR is a great team and so are we. The season isn't over yet and we have a lot to shoot for. As the matches go on Red River has more and more pressure to keep the streak. We played our hearts out and that is what you have to do.

I kind of find this all amusing. And yes, I know the title is ND tennis. Now I haven't seen much of ND tennis, but I've seen some Twin Cities tennis, and these kids down here are dang good. I've also coached in Southern California and the kids down there are even better. So my question is this: Are these ND kids ranked on the junior circuit?

ND tennis isn't anywhere close to even Minnesota tennis. Our state Champ Josh Oothoudt could probably be the only one to compete in minnesota individuals. Along with last years runner up Max Piepkorn but he has graduated

Bad prediction....talk about scores, but RR won 5-0...So noone from South won if i read that right. Also, apparently "mindset" doesnt count. Did you talk to some RR player to see who wants it more?

Red River won today 5-0, no surprise. Something that doesn't show up in the team box score is that Michael Kraft beat McGuigan again (2nd time in the day) in the individual competition 6-3, 6-0. This really puts South in a tough spot for state, as they will also have to get through Bis. Century.

we beat cent. 3-2 earlier this year

ND tennis isn't anywhere close to even Minnesota tennis. Our state Champ Josh Oothoudt could probably be the only one to compete in minnesota individuals. Along with last years runner up Max Piepkorn but he has graduated

x2 MN>ND. We made it to MN state in 2002 (my senior year), and probably the best tennis players I have ever seen were there. Don't get me wrong, RR has been completely dominating in ND for the last decade or so. But I would like to see RR or South play any of the teams from MN Section 4 or 5.

x2 MN>ND. We made it to MN state in 2002 (my senior year), and probably the best tennis players I have ever seen were there. Don't get me wrong, RR has been completely dominating in ND for the last decade or so. But I would like to see RR or South play any of the teams from MN Section 4 or 5.

i agree with you 100% that is why i said what i said. i would love to see how GFRR does at MN state. I am sure they wouldn't even make it past the first round and wouldn't win a match.