SiouxSports.com Forum

ND Boys' Tennis

NDSUFREAK10

i agree with you 100% that is why i said what i said. i would love to see how GFRR does at MN state. I am sure they wouldn't even make it past the first round and wouldn't win a match.

The might be able to make it if they were matched up against section 8 or section 2 first round, but that would be the end of it.

i agree with you 100% that is why i said what i said. i would love to see how GFRR does at MN state. I am sure they wouldn't even make it past the first round and wouldn't win a match.

Again, I have to disagree with you. You showed what you know about ND Tennis when you said South would give RRHS a run in a 3-2 dual. RRHS won 5-0. Now to save face, you say "well RRHS is nothing against Minnesota teams. They wouldn't even make it out of the first round."

Would RRHS take state every year like they do in ND? Probably not.

Is RRHS good enough to compete with every team in Minnesota? I would argue yes.

With the exception of the Minneapolis schools, because they have more money and facilities, what gives the Minnesota schools the advantage over RRHS?

I will use your same logic and say South would have absolutely no chance competing in Minnesota if RRHS doesn't. RRHS has beaten you how many times in a row now?

Again, I have to disagree with you. You showed what you know about ND Tennis when you said South would give RRHS a run in a 3-2 dual. RRHS won 5-0. Now to save face, you say "well RRHS is nothing against Minnesota teams. They wouldn't even make it out of the first round."

Would RRHS take state every year like they do in ND? Probably not.

Is RRHS good enough to compete with every team in Minnesota? I would argue yes.

With the exception of the Minneapolis schools, because they have more money and facilities, what gives the Minnesota schools the advantage over RRHS?

I will use your same logic and say South would have absolutely no chance competing in Minnesota if RRHS doesn't. RRHS has beaten you how many times in a row now?

i've seen Red River play and i've seen minnesota schools play. if RR played in the section that moorhead plays in then they may be able to make it to state because moorehead was one win away from state. That is the truth. ND tennis is no comparison to Minnesota state and again that is true. They are just better in Minnesota. RR could maybe make it to state once every year but in no way would they make a run during the state tourney. Tyler Hjalmquist (who plays for Moorehead) Could most likely play 2 or 3 if not 1 for GFRR because he is that good where he has a seperate personal coach. RR has some players that are deadly over rated and then some that are underrated. For example, RR puts Smith infront of Kraft which is stacking the line up since Kraft beat Smith 3 and 4 in indy's last saturday and then Central's Matt Fuka beat Smith as well so Chad dropped to 4th at EDC and will most likely fall before or in the quarters to Grant Bakke. Joe Lee on the other hand is a great player who could most likely play top 4 for RR.

Our best chance at beating RR (only way would be at 3-2) is next year when they lose 2 of their top 3 singles this year and we don't lose any. of course they will reload but that is when we will have our best chance.

i've seen Red River play and i've seen minnesota schools play. if RR played in the section that moorhead plays in then they may be able to make it to state because moorehead was one win away from state. That is the truth. ND tennis is no comparison to Minnesota state and again that is true. They are just better in Minnesota. RR could maybe make it to state once every year but in no way would they make a run during the state tourney. Tyler Hjalmquist (who plays for Moorehead) Could most likely play 2 or 3 if not 1 for GFRR because he is that good where he has a seperate personal coach. RR has some players that are deadly over rated and then some that are underrated. For example, RR puts Smith infront of Kraft which is stacking the line up since Kraft beat Smith 3 and 4 in indy's last saturday and then Central's Matt Fuka beat Smith as well so Chad dropped to 4th at EDC and will most likely fall before or in the quarters to Grant Bakke. Joe Lee on the other hand is a great player who could most likely play top 4 for RR.

Our best chance at beating RR (only way would be at 3-2) is next year when they lose 2 of their top 3 singles this year and we don't lose any. of course they will reload but that is when we will have our best chance.

Now your best chance is next year? I thought it was last weekend at regionals? What about state?

I think your best chance will be in the year 2000. You will be tough that year.

Now your best chance is next year? I thought it was last weekend at regionals? What about state?

I think your best chance will be in the year 2000. You will be tough that year.

i said our best chance was in the 3-2 format and not just this year

Break it down however you would like. Your argument doesn't hold water until you back it up. Fargo South always has and always will be all bark and no bite.

My comments were still talking about tennis but now that you bring it up, South is the most overrated school in the state. In every sport. Case in point, hockey.

I'm not a resident of Fargo, but how is Fargo South overrated in football? They haven't lost a game in over a year, and no one has gotten within 14 points of them in that time span. In hockey last season and the year before they finished first and second, and they've also had quite successful boys soccer teams. I wouldn't call them overrated in anything.

I'm not a resident of Fargo, but how is Fargo South overrated in football? They haven't lost a game in over a year, and no one has gotten within 14 points of them in that time span. In hockey last season and the year before they finished first and second, and they've also had quite successful boys soccer teams. I wouldn't call them overrated in anything.

I will admit, South football is a great program. They are not overrated in FB. My comments were more directed towards hockey, tennis, basketball, etc. I may be biased as I am from GF but it seems everyone is looking at South to always do great things in hockey, tennis, etc and all the GF teams do, RRHS in particular, is win state championships.

But I will admit, South football is a good program.

This is a GF biased forum of course...

How many State Championships does RR have? I believe Fargo South is at 115, and they're going to add more this year for sure. I'm pretty sure South isn't overrated, they DO win a large amount of state championships, and until the new school is built, I'm pretty sure they will keep doing so in almost all sports. It may be me playing Devil's Advocate, but give some respect where respect is deserved, even if this is a primarily GF forum.

Congrats to RR for the decade mark, I remember playing with/against Smith when he was a middle schooler, lol/.

Smith had a very hard senior year with the exception of Mr. Tennis. Chad was taken to the hospital because of severe cramping and had to withdraw from the individuals. It was very hard to watch him still playing in the point while his right hand was cramping and his face showed unbelievable pain. Then during the rest of the match his body just shut down in cramping to the eventual state champ Grant Bakke.

Smith had a very hard senior year with the exception of Mr. Tennis. Chad was taken to the hospital because of severe cramping and had to withdraw from the individuals. It was very hard to watch him still playing in the point while his right hand was cramping and his face showed unbelievable pain. Then during the rest of the match his body just shut down in cramping to the eventual state champ Grant Bakke.

Thats too bad to hear. Not a way for things to happen to a guy like that. Congrats to all teams and individuals that participated, and good luck to all next season.