SiouxSports.com Forum

Jersey Auction

micky981

The NHL is moving to the streamlined jerseys starting next year. They better not change the traditional design of some of the jerseys (Pretty much the Original Six) or the NHL will have once against shot themselves in the foot. They shouldn't need to change the design since older jerseys (50's-70's) were much smaller/slimmer. But you never know with some of the idiots who are in charge.

i believe they will all have their own styles like now so thats good!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NHL is moving to the streamlined jerseys starting next year. They better not change the traditional design of some of the jerseys (Pretty much the Original Six) or the NHL will have once against shot themselves in the foot.

The new streamlined Reebok jerseys for the NHL will be able to protect the old jersey designs. They originally were going to tuck the jerseys in, but with the players support, that was changed.

With the Sioux Nike Swift jerseys, I'm not sure if they will get to wear them next year or not. From what I heard, if UND was going to use them permanently and wanted to sell replicas (like they do with the current jerseys), they had to do it by a certain deadline. They didn't get their answer to Nike in time, so I think they could possibly still use these full time next year if they wanted, or possibly just part-time...there wasn't a deadline for that....but there won't be any for sale to the public, besides game-worns. At least not til '08.

Does this mean Big A HG is a jersey dork like AZSioux and I? :silly::silly:

I'm more like an apprentice.... ;) Ryan is helping me out quite-a-bit though, which I'm thankful for! The problem is, I'm still in school with only a part time job, so finding money for these gets hard sometimes. You just gotta know when an oppurtunity arrises!

I'm more like an apprentice.... ;) Ryan is helping me out quite-a-bit though, which I'm thankful for! The problem is, I'm still in school with only a part time job, so finding money for these gets hard sometimes. You just gotta know when an oppurtunity arrises!

I know exactly what you mean. Three years ago there was a Tony Hrkac Blues jersey on Ebay. It really really sucked that I couldn't afford to bid on it. Then last year I was outbid on a Bob Joyce Capitals jersey. Stupid people with more money than me!!! :silly::D

I know exactly what you mean. Three years ago there was a Tony Hrkac Blues jersey on Ebay. It really really sucked that I couldn't afford to bid on it. Then last year I was outbid on a Bob Joyce Capitals jersey. Stupid people with more money than me!!! :silly::D

In high school I kind of made an investment though....I was/am a HUGE Michael Jordan fan. My freshman year I got my first pair of Air Jordans. In 3 and a half years I ended up with 31 pairs of Air Jordans ranging from 100 to 450 dollars in value. Now EVERYONE seems to have Jordans so I'm selling most of them. I never wore a lot of them, and most I wore only a couple times (inside only). I've been using money from these for jerseys, especially since most of the Jordans have gone up in value over the last few years even after being worn a couple times. I need one of these Swifts though. I never had a Sioux jersey b/c I always had a lucky shirt I wore to all the games, but now I've boughten 7 jerseys in like 2 months.

The NHL is moving to the streamlined jerseys starting next year. Most if not all the jerseys should be premiered at the Draft I believe. They better not change the traditional design of some of the jerseys (Pretty much the Original Six) or the NHL will have once against shot themselves in the foot. They shouldn't need to change the design since older jerseys (50's-70's) were much smaller/slimmer. But you never know with some of the idiots who are in charge.

They are also thankfully going back to the home team wearing their home whites, instead of wearing the whites on the road.

I really like the Frozen Four patch from St. Louis. It's way better than the one from Milwaukee.

they usually are available somehow but have not seen any out there. last year they gave away patches before title game but this year was a scarf..woooooo, hell, who am i to say anything, i bolted back to phx sat morning :silly:

they usually are available somehow but have not seen any out there. last year they gave away patches before title game but this year was a scarf..woooooo, hell, who am i to say anything, i bolted back to phx sat morning :silly:

The scarf was nothing great.....it was grey with the logo on it. We didn't get any, but we did snag 4 posters....

That is extremely unfortunate in my opinion. The worst trend in sports uniforms since a few years ago when NFL teams started to wear the dark pants with dark jerseys. :silly:

you sure are old school :silly: nothing wrong with that for sure. i dont mind the change i guess. the nhl is in the dumps no matter what they do so whatever...........i did like the sioux black nikes though. the one thing i dont like is the vertical stripes on the socks they used last year in the olympics. thats the only thing really and i dont think that will be changing so the socks will still look good in my mind.

Going back to white jerseys at home is a good thing.

Yes, very good. That was a gimmick that they never should have tried. In hockey, you wear your home whites, although I don't mind the occasional 3rd jersey every once in a while. I'm not 100% sure, and maybe it was mentioned here, but I also thought I heard something about there will be no more 3rd jerseys...just white at home and dark on the road.

I think, like in the NFL, the home team should be able to choose what jerseys they wear at home. I don't get a chance to travel much to hockey games, so they should designate a game or two a year at the Ralph to wearing green jerseys, just so I can see them wearing them.

I do prefer home whites, but letting the home team choose wouldn't be all bad.

I think, like in the NFL, the home team should be able to choose what jerseys they wear at home. I don't get a chance to travel much to hockey games, so they should designate a game or two a year at the Ralph to wearing green jerseys, just so I can see them wearing them.

I do prefer home whites, but letting the home team choose wouldn't be all bad.

yeah but its more of a pain to bring all 3 sets of jerseys if thats the case for the road team so i can see using white at home a good thing