SiouxSports.com Forum

Fightign Sioux Recruiting Class...

siouxnami

I thought this was interesting. Also notice that Wisconsin had a great class and there were some others that were highly rated that never panned out. This is the 3rd Frozen Four for this class and hopefully the first championship.

http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit03.htm

Here is the class. :D

Scott Foyd - D - Solid Backup / Practice Player

Nate Ziegelman - G - Backup left program

Jordan Parise - G - Highly underrated at the time. Left school for professional hockey after Junior season as one of UND's best keepers ever.

Robbie Bina - D - Enormously underrated, one of the top point producing D-men in the WCHA this season, is only a Junior due to the Paukovich cheap shot.

Drew Stafford - F - Outstanding player, began playing for the Sioux at 17, went pro after his Junior year, now a mainstay with the NHL Sabres.

Matt Smaby - D - Great Defensman, went pro after his Junior year.

Chris Porter - F - Senior Captain, scored game winner against Minnesota, MVP of West Regionals, all time WCHA Ironman. May play for Blackhawks next season.

Brady Murray - C - Incredibly fast talented player, went pro in Europe after Sophomore year. May sign with L.A. Kings after this season. WCHA Freshman of the Year.

Eric Fabian - F - Underrated at the time, huge physical presence, scores big goals against the Gophers, member of 2005 all Frozen Four team.

Layne Sedevie - G - Transfered out

Chad Dahlen - D - Never Played?

This class contained at least 3 players that vastly exceeded expectation. That is fighting Sioux hockey... ???

• 4 weeks later...
i believe chad dahlen had testicular cancer which kept him from playing he is now an assistant coach at Grand Forks Central

Technically if you don't have a signed release of information signed by Chad you technically can't release that information.

Thats the law and it's pretty straight forward.

I thought HIPPA only counted if you knew the information from a confidential source. Like if you were his employer or health care provider.

So if it's public knowledge you can talk about.

Of course you have to be careful of rumor because if it isn't true (or you can't prove it) then you could open yourself up to a charge of libel/slander.

I thought HIPPA only counted if you knew the information from a confidential source. Like if you were his employer or health care provider.

Of course you have to be careful of rumor because if it isn't true (or you can't prove it) then you could open yourself up to a charge of libel/slander.

Good point. I wonder though the coaches always seem to be very careful when talking about injuries so I don't know if they have to have the athlete reveals the injury first before they can talk about. It seem that once its out there the press seems to talk about it so it appears its just as clear as any other confusing law.

That's pretty much correct, HIPAA is primarily for health care providers, if you worked at a hospital and found out by reading the clients chart, then you would not be able to share that information with others. But if you found out from the player or his friends/family you would not be violating HIPAA rules and regs. I work with Medicaid and Insurance so I have to be familar with who I can release information to and what information I can release. As far as coaches being careful with releasing injuries I wonder if that is more to not give opposing teams to much information. Pro's do the same thing with the "upper and lower" body injuries. You don't want your opponent knowing that a player is nursing a sore shoulder, especially during playoffs.

That's pretty much correct, HIPAA is primarily for health care providers, if you worked at a hospital and found out by reading the clients chart, then you would not be able to share that information with others. But if you found out from the player or his friends/family you would not be violating HIPAA rules and regs. I work with Medicaid and Insurance so I have to be familar with who I can release information to and what information I can release. As far as coaches being careful with releasing injuries I wonder if that is more to not give opposing teams to much information. Pro's do the same thing with the "upper and lower" body injuries. You don't want your opponent knowing that a player is nursing a sore shoulder, especially during playoffs.

I suppose that makes sense if someone goes out and say joe blow has a bad knee whats to stop the oppostion from going out and testing that person knee.