SiouxSports.com Forum

Party Box at the Frozen Four...anyone interested?

forecheck

So I'm just throwing this out there. Last night I ran into a guy that works for the St. Louis Blues organization, and they have a bunch of FF tickets that they have to sell by Tuesday or else they have to give them back to the NCAA on Weds. I talked to the guy today, and he has a Party Box that he would sell to me for the tourney. If we get 30 people in the box, it's $300/person and you can drink alcohol during the games. http://www.scottradecenter.net/content/partyrooms.html From the looks of their website, it looks like they provide 4 cases of beer, 1 1/2 cases of soda, and dry snacks.

I'm kind of borderline on this, because if I don't sit in a party box he'll still be able to get me good lower bowl seats. But...if I could get 20-25 other people who are interested in spending a little more money to sit in the box, I think it would be a blast. Talk about a SS.com get together! I would need to know by tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone interested?

So I'm just throwing this out there. Last night I ran into a guy that works for the St. Louis Blues organization, and they have a bunch of FF tickets that they have to sell by Tuesday or else they have to give them back to the NCAA on Weds. I talked to the guy today, and he has a Party Box that he would sell to me for the tourney. If we get 30 people in the box, it's $300/person and you can drink alcohol during the games. http://www.scottradecenter.net/content/partyrooms.html From the looks of their website, it looks like they provide 4 cases of beer, 1 1/2 cases of soda, and dry snacks.

I'm kind of borderline on this, because if I don't sit in a party box he'll still be able to get me good lower bowl seats. But...if I could get 20-25 other people who are interested in spending a little more money to sit in the box, I think it would be a blast. Talk about a SS.com get together! I would need to know by tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone interested?

We were in a suite in Milwaukee, and trust me, it is great!

Is this a rhetorical question? :glare::lol:

I'd be up for it.

Haha, well when you ask if Sioux fans want to drink during a hockey game...yes, it probably is a rhetorical question.

I think it would be a blast in the suite, but we need to find 30 people in all by tomorrow who want to do this. So far there's 2 of us. :silly::D If we get enough people I'd probably have about 5 friends or so that would go in on this too.

Haha, well when you ask if Sioux fans want to drink during a hockey game...yes, it probably is a rhetorical question.

I think it would be a blast in the suite, but we need to find 30 people in all by tomorrow who want to do this. So far there's 2 of us. :silly::) If we get enough people I'd probably have about 5 friends or so that would go in on this too.

I thought the NCAA "no drink" rule only applied to NCAA Championships held or hosted by NCAA institutions (i.e. like the West Regional at The Ralph) last year and that non-hosted NCAA Championships allowed alcohol sales at games (i.e. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl for College Football and the like).

Please tell me they will serve drinks in the game as I am too hold to get kicked out of a college game for smuggling in booze. :D

I thought the NCAA "no drink" rule only applied to NCAA Championships held or hosted by NCAA institutions (i.e. like the West Regional at The Ralph) last year and that non-hosted NCAA Championships allowed alcohol sales at games (i.e. Tostitos Fiesta Bowl for College Football and the like).

Please tell me they will serve drinks in the game as I am too hold to get kicked out of a college game for smuggling in booze. :silly:

Nope, no booze at any NCAA tourney, doesn't matter where it's being held. The West Regional was at the Pepsi Center where the Avs play, and all beer taps were covered for this tournament.

For some reason private suites are the exception, and according to this guy we are allowed to drink in the party box.

The suites were allowed to have alcohol in them last year at The Ralph for the West Regional, but that was it. Thankfully, that guy behind me in the suite dumped a beer on me, and handed me free beer over the railing the rest of the night.

The suites were allowed to have alcohol in them last year at The Ralph for the West Regional, but that was it. Thankfully, that guy behind me in the suite dumped a beer on me, and handed me free beer over the railing the rest of the night.

That's not true. You CAN drink at some NCAA championship events and, in fact, you can drink at MANY NCAA football stadiums and, in fact, and up until recently, you could actually give beer away ("Coors Light" Free Beer Giveaway for touchdowns at the U. of Colorado). Given the fact that this is in "Beer Town South" I was wondering whether they would do the concourse drinking rule (i.e. can drink on the concourse but no alcohol in your seats) or no rules regarding alcohol except the STRICTLY enforced NCAA rule of no alcohol sales AT your seat like you see at most pro sporting events...

Does anyone have any specific info either way and not just the "based upon past experience" guesstimate?

Here is the NCAA Bylaw that is "supposed" to regulate alcohol sales:

"NCAA Bylaw 31.1.14 precludes on-site advertisement, sales or promotion of alcoholic beverages during NCAA championship events. The NCAA has also adopted stringent policies related to media advertising of alcohol and other substances during NCAA championship events. These policies include a complete ban on advertising harmful substances, restricted advertising for legal products that may be abused and no restrictions on nonharmful products. In this regard, advertising of alcoholic beverages that exceed six percent alcohol by volume is expressly prohibited. Advertising malt beverages, beer and wine products that do not exceed the specified percentage is permitted. However, such advertisements may not compose more than 14 percent of the space in the NCAA publication or not more than 60 seconds per hour of any telecast or broadcast or more than one hundred twenty (120) seconds total in any telecast or broadcast. Further, the NCAA encourages content that focuses on legal use of alcohol."

What I hear is that the on-site definition has a bigger hole in it than the walls in the Univeristy of Minnesota dressing room in Denver after all the fists and heads that were pounded through it after the... well... you know.

Anywhooo... guess there are lots of ways around the bylaw and just wondering if we would be able to experience any in St. Louis.

That's not true. You CAN drink at some NCAA championship events and, in fact, you can drink at MANY NCAA football stadiums and, in fact, and up until recently, you could actually give beer away ("Coors Light" Free Beer Giveaway for touchdowns at the U. of Colorado). Given the fact that this is in "Beer Town South" I was wondering whether they would do the concourse drinking rule (i.e. can drink on the concourse but no alcohol in your seats) or no rules regarding alcohol except the STRICTLY enforced NCAA rule of no alcohol sales AT your seat like you see at most pro sporting events...

Does anyone have any specific info either way and not just the "based upon past experience" guesstimate?

isn't there something to do with it being an NC$$ event held on a campus venue...it sounds familiar

isn't there something to do with it being an NC$$ event held on a campus venue...it sounds familiar

This may answer the question posed (by me) better...

"National Collegiate Athletic Association

Policy on Alcohol

RESOLUTION

I went to the Frozen Four at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee last year and drank beer while I was there. I am not sure if Disco Balls are allowed in though? They tend to lead to irregular body movements that are inappropriate for children to see! :silly:

Well, the guy from the Blues organization also said that the suites will be the only place where you can purchase/consume alcohol at the FF. I'm just going from my short experience attending NCAA events and from what he told me.

If this is true, than I will let you know by 9:00 p.m. tonight as that is when I will know if my 3rd guy is in or out.

Ugh, seriously? :glare::lol:

Well, so far there are 4 people interested. Me, ScottM, Fetch, and proudsioux. We need a lot more if this is going to happen.

Edit: Ok, possibly 6-7 with UNDLAW & company.

Or $1285.71 per person. Which - and I am not being cheap here - is WAY too much money for 4 cases of beer (even in Canada)!

:silly:

im not totally in for sure..depends on the keystones and if i canbook a plane.

Drive or catch a ride from GF to Uptown Minneapolis by about 6:30 a.m. on Thursday and you can ride the rest of the way with me (see my thread on ss.com).

Well, it obviously looks as though this is too last minute and there isn't enough interest. I do plan to get a hold of this guy tomorrow though after I figure out for sure how many tickets our group is going to need, since I have 7 tickets already lined up through a BU fan. If people are in need of tickets though, let me know ASAP because this guy said he can sell lower bowl ticket packages to me, but they need to be done by Tuesday because all leftover tickets need to be given back to the NCAA by Wednesday. We need as many Sioux fans there as we can get! :silly: