SiouxSports.com Forum

Any new Division 1-AA schools?

JESUS,family,rutgers

The whole WIAC should be forced to at least DII, IMO.

The only possible one I could think of is Minnesota State. They are applying to get into the DII NSIC but it is far from a slam dunk. If they don't get into it then look for them to make the move as well. We should know within a few weeks what their status is.

What about Nebraska Omaha? They seem to be a solid program with nice facilities, but I do not hearing anything about them possibly moving up. Does anyone know what they are planning?

Staying D2 and moving to the MIAC (a better geographical fit and they have money problems) Please ignore the bison idiots :silly:

Staying D2 and moving to the MIAC (a better geographical fit and they have money problems) Please ignore the bison idiots

St John's would have some competition then in the DIII MIAC.

The DII MIAA might be a better fit with Pitt St, Directional Missouri teams etc. :silly:

Staying D2 and moving to the MIAC (a better geographical fit and they have money problems) Please ignore the bison idiots :silly:

It is the MIAA not MIAC. This isn't a smack thread why bust out the word Idiot? Anyways, good luck in the Frozen Four bring back the national champiionship for NoDak.

Are there any schools in Wisconsin/Michigan/Minnesota/Iowa considering moving to Division 1-AA?

It will be interesting how the NCAA handles the landscaping changes that have been occuring the last ten years with Schools going 1AA /Div1....

I think around ten years ago there were only around 80 or so 1AA football programs now the Class 1AA out numbers the Div 1 Football programs...(See Link)

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/sponssummary

I do not believe that the Major BCS conferences will continue the splitting up of the Cash Pie sort to speak, especially when it comes to Div1 Basketball and the NCAA tournament...?

The only possible one I could think of is Minnesota State. They are applying to get into the DII NSIC but it is far from a slam dunk. If they don't get into it then look for them to make the move as well. We should know within a few weeks what their status is.

It's my impression that all four schools, Duluth, Augie, St. Cloud, and Mankato will get accepted into the NSIC. Recent article somewhere had virtually every president in favor of expansion and splitting conference into two halves.

I don't think having a conference with 14 members is a good idea, it's too large, but I'm pretty sure they won't ask me.