SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Saturday Pre-Game Breakfast

MafiaMan

I organized a small get-together last year at the Hoggsbreath for SiouxSports.com fans. I think about 8-10 people came out for a Saturday pre-game breakfast and some NCAA basketball watching prior to the 3rd place game. Is there any interest in getting together again this year? I think we may have been a bit early with a 10 am slot last year so I was thinking around 11:00 am this time around. Anyone interested? We had a great time last year and it was fun meeting some of the monikers on the board in person.

Head count, please! If I get enough takers, I'll book a table or two at the Hoggsbreath.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I organized a small get-together last year at the Hoggsbreath for SiouxSports.com fans. I think about 8-10 people came out for a Saturday pre-game breakfast and some NCAA basketball watching prior to the 3rd place game. Is there any interest in getting together again this year? I think we may have been a bit early with a 10 am slot last year so I was thinking around 11:00 am this time around. Anyone interested? We had a great time last year and it was fun meeting some of the monikers on the board in person.

Head count, please! If I get enough takers, I'll book a table or two at the Hoggsbreath.

Since Saturday is on St. Patrick's Day, do you need to factor in the parade?

Since Saturday is on St. Patrick's Day, do you need to factor in the parade?

The Hoggsbreath is located in Little Canada off of Highway 36 and Rice Street, miles away from the downtown parade and hustle and bustle of St Patricks Day in St Paul. People who left the Hogger last year at 12:30-1:00 pm had plenty of time to get to St Paul and get to Xcel for the Gophers-don't-care (AKA third place) game. I don't anticipate any problems.

I organized a small get-together last year at the Hoggsbreath for SiouxSports.com fans. I think about 8-10 people came out for a Saturday pre-game breakfast and some NCAA basketball watching prior to the 3rd place game.

I had a great time with some of the SiouxSports.com regulars at the breakfast last year. Unfortunately, I won't be there this year, but I can certainly encourage people to attend. And if you're lucky, MafiMan will strip down again to show everyone his Fighting Sioux tatoo. :D

I had a great time with some of the SiouxSports.com regulars at the breakfast last year. Unfortunately, I won't be there this year, but I can certainly encourage people to attend. And if you're lucky, MafiaMan will strip down again to show everyone his Fighting Sioux tatoo. :D

I'm pretty sure you mean 'unlucky'. :lol:

The Hoggsbreath is located in Little Canada off of Highway 36 and Rice Street, miles away from the downtown parade and hustle and bustle of St Patricks Day in St Paul. People who left the Hogger last year at 12:30-1:00 pm had plenty of time to get to St Paul and get to Xcel for the Gophers-don't-care (AKA third place) game. I don't anticipate any problems.

I also got my Fighting Sioux tattoo recently. I think it turned out great. I would post it but not sure how to do that.

I creamed my jeans...

MM, you already know that I am coming to the breakfast, with Mr. RWD and probably UMDDogz, too. Maybe even my dad.

I almost did just reading that! Hilarious! I probably won't be able to make it this year since I'm flying in and won't have a car, and will be trying to cram visits in with college friends and my brother between games!

I know this will stir the oats a bit, but is there any chance you could do it somewhere a little closer to downtown St. Paul for those of us who have a wife who have to drive us to St. Paul that morning to watch the game and they have to watch the kids all day only to join them later in the evening for St. Patricks Day and will want to know why I am having her drop me off WAY north of downtown St. Paul where I have convinced here I need to go and EARLY!!! :)

If willing to consider it, I would propose something alone the lines of:

Champps St. Paul

Phone: 651-698-5050

Fax: 651-698-3393

2401 W. 7th St.

St. Paul, MN 55116

It is still on W. 7th St. (i.e. same street as McGovern's, Tom Reid's, Mancini's, The Liffey and everything else around the X) albeit some 3 or 4 miles to the West of the X. However, it is a sports bar and is open (I would assume) at or around 11 and would still be within ear shot of the X for those who want to really get - for lack of a better word - prepared for the games.

Thoughts?

I know this will stir the oats a bit, but is there any chance you could do it somewhere a little closer to downtown St. Paul for those of us who have a wife who have to drive us to St. Paul that morning to watch the game and they have to watch the kids all day only to join them later in the evening for St. Patricks Day and will want to know why I am having her drop me off WAY north of downtown St. Paul where I have convinced here I need to go and EARLY!!! :angry:

If willing to consider it, I would propose something alone the lines of:

Champps St. Paul

Phone: 651-698-5050

Fax: 651-698-3393

2401 W. 7th St.

St. Paul, MN 55116

It is still on W. 7th St. (i.e. same street as McGovern's, Tom Reid's, Mancini's, The Liffey and everything else around the X) albeit some 3 or 4 miles to the West of the X. However, it is a sports bar and is open (I would assume) at or around 11 and would still be within ear shot of the X for those who want to really get - for lack of a better word - prepared for the games.

Thoughts?

Hoggsbreath has way better breakfast food. Tell ya what...I'll meet you in front of the X at 10:45 am and will give you a ride to the Hogger. Can't beat that deal!

Or we could go to Matty B's in downtown St. Paul. Here is a link to the festivities on St. Patrick's day and is popular hangout for th Wild (who can drink and do all things hockey anywhere they want and they choose here...)

http://www.mattybs.com/stpattys/index.htm

Better or worse?

Trust me...any bar in downtown St Paul will be a zoo.