SiouxSports.com Forum

Blais' comments this season

OETKB

We all know this season has been very strange, and that can affect the coaches as much as the players. However, I find the following thing ironic about comments Blais has made lately:

"I think we are playing our best hockey right now." was in Friday's Herald. Um, lets see...every time he says that, the team stinks up the ice. The last I remember hearing that was right before travelling to CC.

"I'm not real optimistic." were his comments after losing to Duluth. I didn't hear his postgame comments last night, but apparently they were similar. What's up with that? The Dean Blais of 8 years ago would never be making comments like that.

Thoughts?

I'd *guess* that Blais is doing what he can to put a positive spin on what can best be described as an "odd" season. He must be frustrated to no end knowing that this season should have panned out a bit better than it did, especially the second half. I'd also guess he knows that there are a few guys who don't show up as often as they should and it impacts the team's overall performance.