SiouxSports.com Forum

Sunday Games

Smoggy

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But if one of those crappy ass teams beats Minnesota, well worth it!!!

yeah i hear ya, its fine in basketball with 65 friken teams that get in as a cinderella but crappy in hockey with only 16 spots....

yeah i hear ya, its fine in basketball with 65 friken teams that get in as a cinderella but crappy in hockey with only 16 spots....

Here are the numbers for teams that get in, it looks like hockey is more "watered down" than basketball.

NCAA Hockey - 16/65 = 24.6% of teams get in

NCAA Basketball - 65/335 = 19.4% of teams get in

cool, 2 crappy azz teams way under .500 battling it out for a ncaa spot, what a joke...

All these CHA teams would drop hockey without that auto-bid. Don't forget that BSU came out of this conference and just about took out Denver in 2005.

All these CHA teams would drop hockey without that auto-bid. Don't forget that BSU came out of this conference and just about took out Denver in 2005.

i agree but i bet if i check BSU wasnt 5 or 6 games under .500

they were 23-14-1 or something like that, a very good team like last year as well

Robert Morris and Alabama-Huntsville going to OT. Anyone know why the CHA holds their tourney in Iowa? Think they would choose an arena near one of the schools participating to gain attendance. Or is Iowa the only one who would take them?

They bounce around from year to year. In 2004 or 2005 it was in Grand Rapids, MN.

Cool Thanks. Ok does it help or hurt the Sioux in the RPI if the Goofs win or lose. What do i want here.

we are in the tourney and gona get a decent seed

now lets think about this, it would make for a more exciting f-5 overall with the gophs in it of course, i would love to beat their azzes again in the title game

but....to see them lose a series vs alaska is unthinkable, well was unthinkable until last nights game, GO SEAWOLVES!!!!!!!!

So happy to see a team that is 14-19-3 get into the NCAA tourney!

yeah, they are sure to make some noise...

and spare me with the holy cross crap....they were 27-10-2 or something like that in a better, i know not by much but better conference

What a fitting way for coach Doug Ross to go out. With over 25 years of coaching, and 2 D-II titles and 2 D-II runner-ups. He stated this would be his last season coaching, after building a club team into a decent program in the middle of the south. They have the best attendance in the CHA at 1,864 (Bemidji 1,629). :lol:

Even if it just lasts for the one game in the big show, everyone in D-I hockey should applaud his efforts to spread the game in the south. :lol: