SiouxSports.com Forum

Tailgating at the Ralph

mksioux

So I read they are allowing tailgating at the Ralph this weekend. I believe the Ralph did this for the Tim McGraw concert this fall, so I thought some of you might have some insight on how it works.

I notice that they will have a beer garden. I assume this means that we can't bring our own beer with us. Anyone know for sure?

Assuming they don't allow you to bring your own beer, do they make you stand in the beer garden area and drink your beer or can you take it back to your tailgating spot? My assumption is that you have to stand there and drink it.

Anyone know how much a beer costs at a Ralph tailgating event?

I like the idea of tailgating for a hockey game, but I would MUCH rather have the Alerus rules (for football) than what the Ralph seems to be doing here.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Patrons are encouraged to set up grills in their regular parking areas on the arena grounds, and to take part in the heated beer garden that will be set up near the arena's main entrance. Music will be provided.

A garden full of heated beer? Blech.

I prefer cold. :D;)

On a more serious note, the forecast doesn't look too bad to be outside Saturday.

The ice has been questionable of late. I'm not sure I like the idea of a couple of warm days.

After reading the article more carefully, I think the answers to my first two questions are obvious.

It's still a cool idea I guess, but I probably won't go. I just saw "tailgating" and envisioned an atmosphere like at the Alerus for football games. It appears this is a completely different type of deal designed to make $$ off beer sales.

WHAT?!?!? You guys don't tailgate all year long?!?!!? You got to find a location to do that...every Saturday game at home this year and last year the POI Gopher fans have tailgated....have fun!

Grilling tasty animal parts and beer! HMMMMMM!

WPoS

I think the tailgating idea is great, but I find it very odd that the players will be signing autographs from 5-6:00 especially since they have to be on the ice by about 6:20 for warmups.

This seems like an unnecessary distraction and will certainly get the players out of their usual routine(s).

If the autograph session took place during the first part of the year or during the holiday tournament, I could see it, but before a big playoff game? That simply makes little sense!

I think the tailgating idea is great, but I find it very odd that the players will be signing autographs from 5-6:00 especially since they have to be on the ice by about 6:20 for warmups.

This seems like an unnecessary distraction and will certainly get the players out of their usual routine(s).

If the autograph session took place during the first part of the year or during the holiday tournament, I could see it, but before a big playoff game? That simply makes little sense!

That's exactly what I thought. ;) Isn't that why there is a Meet the Sioux and Skate with the Sioux throughout the season? I'm surprised Blais agreed to this.

WPoS, have you ever tried to tailgate in Grand Forks in the middle of January? It wouldn't be pleasant, I can assure you. The wind would blow your grilled weinie right out of your hands. The only people dumb enough to try that would probably be the students, but they're stuck waiting in line for the doors to open. :D

In "Elmer Fudd"

y its not i wike i can go since i am too young but i wanna see what it wooks wike but anyways i wiww dinf the pawty and eat and dwink pop its not that hawd to find you guuys

In "redneck"

y its not i like i kin hoof it on account o' i is too yo'ng but i wanna see whut it looks like but ennyways i will dinf th' party an' ett an' six pack pop its not thet hard t'find yo' guuys

In "jive"

y its not ah' likes ah' can go since ah' am too yung but ah' wanna see whut it looks likes but anyways ah' gots'ta dinf de party and feed da bud and drink pop its not dat hard t'find ya' guuys

In "Cockney"

y its not i like i can go since i am too yung but i wanna spot wot it 'ave a looks like but any roads i will dinf the chuffin' knees-up and eat and drink pop its not that 'ard ter find yer guuys

"moron"

y its not i like i can go siss i am too young but i wanna see what it looks like but anyways i will dinf de party 'n eat 'n drink pop its not dat hard t' find you guuys

"swedish chef"

y its nut i leeke-a i cun gu seence-a i em tuu yuoong boot i vunna see-a vhet it luuks leeke-a boot unyveys i veell deenff zee perty UND iet UND dreenk pup its nut thet herd tu feend yuoo gooooys

"pig latin"

yay itsyay otnay iyay ikelay iyay ancay ogay incesay iyay amyay ootay youngay utbay iyay annaway eesay atwhay ityay ookslay ikelay utbay anywaysyay iyay illway infday ethay artypay andyay eatyay andyay inkdray oppay itsyay otnay atthay ardhay otay indfay youay uuysgay

"hacker"

y itz not 1 lik ei acn go since i am too yung but i wAnna se3 what it lookz liek but ayways i ill din teh party adn re4t 4nd drink pop itds nnot that ahrd to find u guuysd

Maybe someone can understand when translated ;) Not even Elmer Fudd can figure out what to do with "dinf"

Forecheck, nope, never hung out in Jan in NoDak, but I am sure the wind gets pretty bad...but check out the links below to see it can get bad in Mpls also....top right picture...

http://www.beerdarts.net/photo.html

WPoS

Why are you guys wearing hats and gloves? ;) Come back when there is more than half an inch of snow on the ground. ;)

Actually, I would be all for tailgating before games. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun. :D However, getting my seat in the lower bowl takes priority over pre-game festivities.

Sprig, TFF.