SiouxSports.com Forum

Why not play NDSU in basketball?

bincitysioux

I think it will do the opposite of what you say, NDSU will want to make it harder for the next coach to leave and also will want to draw in more revenue. A new arena would be key in getting that done and Miles wasn't going to be around forever(probably two more years max) so I doubt it makes the arena any more risky of an investment.

NDSU won't keep good coaches. That's life as a mid-major. There are mid-majors that make frequent trips to the tourney that can't keep coaches from moving up. How is NDSU different?

NDSU won't keep good coaches. That's life as a mid-major. There are mid-majors that make frequent trips to the tourney that can't keep coaches from moving up. How is NDSU different?

NDSU's isn't different but a new arena means more money and of course better facilities, both of which will make for a happier coach. NDSU can't stop every school from taking their coaches but a new arena and more money would take away some of possibilities(It would make some potential jobs seem like a lateral move).

NDSU's isn't different but a new arena means more money and of course better facilities, both of which will make for a happier coach. NDSU can't stop every school from taking their coaches but a new arena and more money would take away some of possibilities(It would make some potential jobs seem like a lateral move).

fair point.

NDSU will always be a stepping stone for other oppurtunities. Like you said, it's life as a mid major.

Increase in salary, and a new basketball arena reguardless of how nice the facility is won't prevent that.

Us Bison fans will need to get used to it, like you guys in a few years.

But I do believe the stone has been cast, and basketball will only continue to grow at NDSU. The talent is there, the core of the coaches has been set in place, and as long as recruiting continues at the pace it is NDSU will continue to grow on the men's side. Keeping Richman was a crucial move for recruiting, and the players all pushed hard for Phillips to get hired.

The possability for big things on the men's side is there in the future.

The women's program on the other hand, I'm not so sure about.