SiouxSports.com Forum

High school Hockey powers to meet at REA Dec.21-22

Riverman

The tournament is in honor of a young man who battled cancer for three years. He died in Dec at the age of 19.

Jason Stadstad was a player for GF Central and a true hockey fan. All proceeds will go to GF youth hockey and organizations to help fight cancer.

REA and the GF Herald should get a thumbs up for what they are doing.

I couldn't find the link. :lol: It is in the Herald today.

What a great way to showcase high school hockey in ND and Minn. :D

"Keep on Keepin' on" JS #19

The tournament is in honor of a young man who battled cancer for three years. He died in Dec at the age of 19.

Jason Stadstad was a player for GF Central and a true hockey fan. All proceeds will go to GF youth hockey and organizations to help fight cancer.

REA and the GF Herald should get a thumbs up for what they are doing.

I couldn't find the link. ??? It is in the Herald today.

What a great way to showcase high school hockey in ND and Minn. :D

"Keep on Keepin' on" JS #19

Nice border battle...

I would guess this tournament will grow for 2008. I'm sure some schools already had their schedules set and couldn't add anymore games.

I would like to see East Grand Forks and Grafton Park River from the local area. And school like Hill-Murray, Holy Angels, Duluth East and the such from Minnesota. Too bad Shattuck can't be in it.

I'm sure schools would jump at the chance to play in the REA, plus I can't think of a better cause or person to play in memory of.

JLS19

Keep on Keepin' on

The ralph is nicer, but opulence isn't why the Cup is prestigious. It's the competition. It's hard to find a single tourney with better teams anywhere in the country than the gold divsision of the Schwan's cup. The competition may be even tougher than the state tourney because, unlike the state tourney, they can have great teams from within the same section. This GF would do well to target those top MN teams have been ending up in the silver division. Playing the marquee tourney in the ralph would, I think, be a bigger draw than the second fiddle bracket at the X.

That's exactly what they should do. While all the Gold Division games are at the X, only the championship game for the Silver and Bronze Divisions are at the X.

I dont see the likes of a Moorhead, Holy Angels, Edina type school coming to GF, but i do think that teams from class A schools and the northern schools like warroad, or even a cloquet or duluth east may come up for a tourny like this...but otherwise the competition is just too good at the Schwanns Cup for top minny schools to chose the ralph over it

yeh it may be but its at the ralph. Im sure a lot of people down there in the cities know about the ralph cuz its probaly as nice if not nicer then the xcel.

What's the obsession with the Xcel Energy Center? Every time I hear those three words, it's immediately followed by someone from Grand Forks piping up with "REA is nicer."

It is. :(

Cherry arm rests and marble floors don't improve the quality of the actual game, in my eyes. Not to mention that you're packed in a row with about 40 other people since the aisles at REA are few and far between. If I had to choose between 5 games at the X vs 5 at REA (think WCHA Final Five), I'd rather sit at the X.

Cherry arm rests and marble floors don't improve the quality of the actual game, in my eyes. Not to mention that you're packed in a row with about 40 other people since the aisles at REA are few and far between. If I had to choose between 5 games at the X vs 5 at REA (think WCHA Final Five), I'd rather sit at the X.

Does the X have cup holders?

leather seats? big expensive organ? 10.3 million dollar scoreboard? high tech laser light system?

Have you ever been to the X, proudsioux? No leather seats, but a lot more leg room IN the seat that you sit in, no laser light show (whoop dee doo), and, stunningly enough for a professional hockey arena these days, big scoreboard and expensive organ. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but, yes, the X has been called the finest venue in the National Hockey League. Go figure.

I've been to the X for the F5 and for a NHL game. I think it is a very nice arena, and I've had fun each time I've been there. Sure the Ralph is awesome, but you arent going to find that type of a building every 500 miles.

About the laser show...it's boring. :( They need something new.

the ralph has been called the nicest hoceky arena in the country. who cares if its the nicest in the NHL.

Do they play hockey in REA too?

You win. It's the 8th wonder of the world. Now rush along to your pre-school because the other kids have already started story time. Today's book is "Clifford Learns to Spell."

Do they play hockey in REA too?

You win. It's the 8th wonder of the world. Now rush along to your pre-school because the other kids have already started story time. Today's book is "Clifford Learns to Spell."

wow he had a typo...that makes him a preschooler...anyways..ive been to both rinks and i didn't think that the X had more leg room..