SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches Show

PCM

I was surprised that they praised Shepherd for the weekend. I guess I can't comment on the whole weekend, but there were two hits on Lamoureux on Sat, I believe, that in my opinion should have been penalties. The second, late in the game, Morin sure looked like he unnecessarily charged Phillipe. Am I wrong on this? I'm not saying it would have changed the game, but for crying out loud, is Shepherd saying that you can knock our goalie around without repercussion? Enough hacking on the refs, but does it take somebody getting hurt for him to make a call?:D?

The Cross Check Call on Miller was a blown call in my opinion. It directly cost UND a goal.

Millar barely touched the Mavericks player.

I was surprised that they praised Shepherd for the weekend. I guess I can't comment on the whole weekend, but there were two hits on Lamoureux on Sat, I believe, that in my opinion should have been penalties. The second, late in the game, Morin sure looked like he unnecessarily charged Phillipe. Am I wrong on this? I'm not saying it would have changed the game, but for crying out loud, is Shepherd saying that you can knock our goalie around without repercussion? Enough hacking on the refs, but does it take somebody getting hurt for him to make a call?:D?

As a disclaimer I have to admit to being a referee hacker so take this with a grain of salt.

I thought that running the goalie was the key play of the game. The Mankato player ran into him without making an effort to stop. His knee hit Phillipe's head. Immediately after that they scored two quick goals. I think it's likely that Lamoureux was still seeing stars rather than pucks.

I certainly had a question at the time as to why their guy (didn't see who) ran over Lammy without a call. I specifically paid close attention on the replay to see if he was pushed into Lammy and it was my opinion he was not.

And I'm a guy who believe Roche pushed the SCSU played into Goehring in 2001.

And I'm a guy who believe Roche pushed the SCSU played into Goehring in 2001.

I think Roche bumped him slightly and it could be argued caused the collision with Kollar, but the whistle should have blown well before that when the SCSU player skated through the crease behind Kollar (not a penalty, but a faceoff brought outside the zone).

Interesting in the recent MN series Stoa once again parked in the crease, without contact, well before Fabain bumped him and kicked the puck in, but it was not whistled. The next night, the same thing was whistled and the faceoff brought outside the Sioix zone.

And yes, I thought both Lammy runs should have been goalie interference penalties, after seeing the replay.