SiouxSports.com Forum

Dean Blais

The Walrus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you you really want to hear it for yourself, but here are a few teasers. Blais being himself is a little more colorful:

Strong praise for the job Hakstol and the coaches have done, especially Hakstol considering he lost Brad Berry, who Blais calls an excellent coach and great recruiter.

Thinks Lamoureux is key to the BC game.

Lucia was being diplomatic, but wasn't happy with his leadership this year.

If Blais' players had dyed their hair he would have made them shave their heads. His own grandkid lives in Lakeville and laughed at the Gopher players.

Thinks the NHL guys are laughing at the gopher players.

Thanks Dagies. Definitely worth listening to.

Blais comments, "Dave's making everyone forget about Gino and Deano."

Blais feels the only teams that could beat BC are North Dakota or Minnesota due to team speed. Have to watch out for Boyle. Schneider will be solid in net, but as mentioned, it comes down to goaltending. Lammy going to have to be on.

Blais also comments, "I'm a little redneck, but I don't like golden hair. That is so like high school." :lol:

Blais also commented that he thought the Gopher leaders were looking towards their NHL careers, rather than focusing on their college season.

By the time that arena is built and Fargo aquires a USHL team, Dean will be long gone to a college hockey program. His part in this thread is a waste of time.

DG

The audio of the interview is worth a listen to !

Blais said when asked the question about coaching college hockey again ..............

Been there done that and the travel for college recruiting is brutal and to time consuming.

Having said that it isn't like Blais couldn't change his mind if the right college job came around.

The yellow hair shot at the goofers from Blais was ....................... PRICELESS!

The audio of the interview is worth a listen to !

Blais said when asked the question about coaching college hockey again ..............

Been there done that and the travel for college recruiting is brutal and to time consuming.

Having said that it isn't like Blais couldn't change his mind if the right college job came around.

The yellow hair shot at the goofers from Blais was ....................... PRICELESS!

The other thing he makes clear as that he likes the location. He commented that he doesn't have any family anywhere near Columbus, and in F-M, he's very near family, including grandchildren. My outtake, unless the Sioux job comes available, and even if it were, I wouldn't be convinced, I don't see Deano going anywhere. And with the way Hak is developing teams, can't expect him to leave anytime soon.