SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

In the three years he has been at the helm they seem to hover around 3.0 gpg since he became head coach. In Hakstols first year Eric Fabian said that the difference between Hakstol and Blais is the forecheck was more structured and not so much wide open.

I say now is the time to open it up a bit and take the foot off the brake.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Hakstol said during his post-game comments, Porter redeemed himself Saturday after a poor performance on Friday. He did it not only by scoring, but also by hitting and playing great on special teams, especially the penalty kill. That's the kind of game and the kind of leadership the Sioux will need from Porter consistently for the rest of the season if they're going to finish strong.

Aren't the Captain and alternates picked by the team? If that is the case, I think it would be a team decision to take anyone's letter away, not Hak's.

Unless you come across the same situation that Coach York did. In that case, I'm all for the coach taking away the C and A.

Unless you come across the same situation that Coach York did. In that case, I'm all for the coach taking away the C and A.

I was under the same impression Sioux-Cia was.

Likewise, I agree with Siouxmama. And I'll also point out that, though Chris has had a few bad games, he hasn't done anything to warrant any kind of demotion.

The players do pick the captains, but that doesn't mean that the coach isn't in charge of the team.

Well, duh!!! :sad: My point in bringing this up

Some fans think that the letter wearers aren't doing their jobs and are asking Hak for their heads letters. But if the team chooses who wears the letters, I would think they would also have a say in their losing their letter. Hak is in charge of the team and if a captain did something aggrecious (sp), worthy of losing the letter, I'm sure that Hak would pull the letter. IMHO, because someone isn't making goals or the fans don't think he's putting in the proper amount of 'effort or leadership', the guys letter isn't going to be pulled unless the team (and Hak) wants it. IMHO, of course. :D

Chris Farley no longer hulas in heaven.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! Not only is he doing the hula, he's wearing a Bears jersey, a two beer can holding Bears cap with straw, eating a fine rare, Chicago, 3" steak, has three beautiful Sugar Bears (Chicago Bears' cheerleaders) hanging all over him and he is predicting a win over the Saints!! Bears by 10........

*I hope, I hope, I hope*

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! Not only is he doing the hula, he's wearing a Bears jersey, a two beer can holding Bears cap with straw, eating a fine rare, Chicago, 3" steak, has three beautiful Sugar Bears (Chicago Bears' cheerleaders) hanging all over him and he is predicting a win over the Saints!! Bears by 10........

*I hope, I hope, I hope*

I don't know. Offensively, the edge goes to the Saints. Brees is a better QB than Grossman hands down (Actually, I think Brees was a better collegiate QB as well). McAllister and Bush > Jones and Benson. Bears OLine > Saints OLine. Saints WR > Bears WR.

Whichever team's offense runs the game better will win. Right now, as much as I would LOVE the Bears to win (to save us all from the endless feel good story loop on ESPN and the unbelievable hype that would follow), I think Brees is in a better position to win the game.

AFC is a more open ended affair. I think Colts v Pats will be a better game. Actually, I think it could end up being a better game than the Super Bowl.

No kidding. What a way to lose a game. :D

And lost it, they did! Burning timeouts early, fumbling after the INT, letting the Pats get in for 2 after the TD, passing instead of giving the ball to Tomlinson on 3rd and 4, and then Kaeding kicking the field goal like a girl......

There's always next year. :sad:

The Patriots just need to lose. I don't need another two weeks of everyone slobbering all over how great Tom Brady is and how if you trace his family tree all the way back he's a direct decedent of Jesus, all 12 Disciples, Mohamed and every other two-bit holy man since the Big Bang.

The Patriots just need to lose. I don't need to another two weeks of everyone slobbering all over how great Tom Brady is and how if you trace his family tree all the way back he's a direct decedent of Jesus, all 12 Disciples, Mohamed and everyone other two-bit holy man since the Big Bang.

I feel the same way about Payton Manning. I hope he never wins the big one. (Those feelings probably stem from my disliking of Archie and Ely for obvious reasons) Go Saints.......I'd rather see a guy like Drew Brees (*coughgochargerscoughcough) win it than anyone else right now.