SiouxSports.com Forum

High School hockey poll

I am going to run a poll. Just post your top ten teams from the East and West combined and I will average the posts together.

These are mine:

1. Grand Forks Red River

2. Fargo South

3. Grafton Park River

4. Minot

5. Devil's Lake

6. Fargo North

7. Bismarck

8. Jamestown

9. Bottineau

10.Williston

1. Red River

2. South

3. Grafton

4. DL

5. North

6. Bismarck

7. West Fargo

8. Jamestown

9. GFC

10. Minot

I am going to run a poll. Just post your top ten teams from the East and West combined and I will average the posts together.

These are mine:

1. Grand Forks Red River

2. Fargo South

3. Grafton Park River

4. Minot

5. Devil's Lake

6. Fargo North

7. Bismarck

8. Jamestown

9. Bottineau

10.Williston

1.Red River

2.GPR

3.Fargo South

4.Jamestown

5.Devils Lake

6.Fargo North

7.Bismarck High

8.Minot

9.Williston

10.West Fargo

May as well throw my hat in.

1. Red River

2. Fargo South

3. Grafton Park River

4. Devils Lake

5. Fargo North

6. Jamestown

7. Grand Forks Central

8. Minot

9. Bismarck

10. West Fargo

On a side note:

Yeah Bismarck only beat Hazen 1-0, but the shots were 73-3. I'd say Bismarck played a pretty good game. As for Hazen, I'm glad that they've got some quality goaltending. Goaltending is the equalizer in hockey.

State Rankings

1. Red River- they won, they are the top dogs.

2. South- beat GPR 6-2

3. GPR- They are coming around it appears, goaltending is still suspect.

4. Devils Lake- Someone had to be here.

5. North- Not as good as DL.

6.WF- The old realible WF, alot of very average players and one stud.

7. Central- They just haven't played well this year

8.Jamestown- Wins over minot and Devils lake, still very unpredictable but my pick to win the west this year.

9. Bismarck High- Hillman gives them a shot to win most of their games, not as skilled as past years.

10.Minot- Weakest they have been in a while.

11.Shanely- Rebuilding year or three?

12. Willeston- They would be in the play in game in the east.

13. Bismarck Century- This team could easily be lower.

14.Dickenson- Not to far ahead of Whapeton, but they did beat them 4-3

15.Whapeton- This team might have an outside shot at a state tournament berth if they played in the west.

16.Bottineau- Not quite there, but better than past few years.

17.Mandan- Alot of players with very weak skills.

18.Hazen Buelah- Nothing needs to be said.

OK These are the results of the High School Hockey Poll.

1. Grand Forks Red River

2. Fargo South

3. Grafton Park River

4. Devil's Lake

5. Fargo North

6. Minot

7. Jamestown

8. Bismarck High

9. Grand Forks Central

10.West Fargo

Also receiving votes: Williston, Bottineau, and Dickinson.

Thanks to all who posted their top ten.

1. GF Red River (12-0) Watch out Roseau Tuesday night. No lightweights the rest of the schedule.

2. Fargo South (9-4) Nice 5-2 road win in Devils Lake last Tuesday. Deichert's G.A.A. last yr. = 1.23, this year 2.08.

3. Grafton-Park River (11-3) Have won 11 of last 12 games. Goalie Mike Sand 12 GA 1st 2 games, 19 GA last 12 games.

4. Devils Lake (9-5) 2-4 in their last 6 games, but still the 4th best team in the east and state at this time.

5. Minot (8-5) Last night's 6-3 road win vs. Jamestown continues the 8 game winning streak. Nathan Stremick 9 goals last 3 games.

6. Fargo North (7-8) 2-6 in their last 8 games, but tough Christmas tourney schedule will only help down the stretch.

7. Bismarck High (9-4) Big home game vs. Jamestown this Tuesday night.

8. Jamestown (8-6) After a rude 0-2 welcome to the West, 8-2 over last 10 games vs. West Region opponents.

9. Bottineau (10-4-1) The 3rd team in the state to reach 10 or more wins. Eric Herbel leads them back to state??

10. West Fargo (5-8) First meeting with GF Red River a 3-2 loss, last night's game vs. Roughriders ... a 9-1 loss.

11. Williston (8-5-1) Roller coaster ride with alternating goalies. A tough team to figure out. 3-2 win over Hazen-Beulah?

12. Grand Forks Central (3-10) Who would have predicted that record at the start of the season? Nice "W" over EGF last night.

13. Dickinson (7-7-1) 3 losses in a row to west region opponents. Felt the "chill" of the Bottineau arena last night in a road loss.

14. Bismarck Century (2-10-1) Six one goal games this year and 1 tie.

15. Mandan (4-6) Two North Dakota wins, Williston and Hazen-Beulah. 15 goals scored in 10 games played.

16. Fargo Shanley (3-9) Have won 2 of last 4. 5 of last 9 games of the year will be vs. Minnesota teams.

17. Hazen-Beulah (1-12) Goalie Jake Oster has seen more rubber that I-94. 72 saves vs. Bismarck High Tuesday night!

18. Wahpeton-Breckenridge (1-12) They say you're only as good as your last game ... Hazen won 5-2 vs. Whap on 12/28.

1. GF Red River (12-0) Watch out Roseau Tuesday night. No lightweights the rest of the schedule.

2. Fargo South (9-4) Nice 5-2 road win in Devils Lake last Tuesday. Deichert's G.A.A. last yr. = 1.23, this year 2.08.

3. Grafton-Park River (11-3) Have won 11 of last 12 games. Goalie Mike Sand 12 GA 1st 2 games, 19 GA last 12 games.

4. Devils Lake (9-5) 2-4 in their last 6 games, but still the 4th best team in the east and state at this time.

5. Minot (8-5) Last night's 6-3 road win vs. Jamestown continues the 8 game winning streak. Nathan Stremick 9 goals last 3 games.

6. Fargo North (7-8) 2-6 in their last 8 games, but tough Christmas tourney schedule will only help down the stretch.

8. Jamestown (8-6) After a rude 0-2 welcome to the West, 8-2 over last 10 games vs. West Region opponents.

9. Bottineau (10-4-1) The 3rd team in the state to reach 10 or more wins. Eric Herbel leads them back to state??

10. West Fargo (5-8) First meeting with GF Red River a 3-2 loss, last night's game vs. Roughriders ... a 9-1 loss.

11. Williston (8-5-1) Roller coaster ride with alternating goalies. A tough team to figure out. 3-2 win over Hazen-Beulah?

12. Grand Forks Central (3-10) Who would have predicted that record at the start of the season? Nice "W" over EGF last night.

13. Dickinson (7-7-1) 3 losses in a row to west region opponents. Felt the "chill" of the Bottineau arena last night in a road loss.

15. Mandan (4-6) Two North Dakota wins, Williston and Hazen-Beulah. 15 goals scored in 10 games played.

16. Fargo Shanley (3-9) Have won 2 of last 4. 5 of last 9 games of the year will be vs. Minnesota teams.

17. Hazen-Beulah (1-12) Goalie Jake Oster has seen more rubber that I-94. 72 saves vs. Bismarck High Tuesday night!

18. Wahpeton-Breckenridge (1-12) They say you're only as good as your last game ... Hazen won 5-2 vs. Whap on 12/28.

Very nice post. Thanks for all of the hard work.

Bottineau 9? I realize they are a little more competitive this year, but you may be taking it to an extreme putting them up there.

Bottineau 9? I realize they are a little more competitive this year, but you may be taking it to an extreme putting them up there.

It might be a little high but they just beat Mandan and Dickinson this past weekend. They haven't lost for a month, if they can continue it into Jamestown and Williston why not. Dave Hoff, Bottineau's coach, should be given some credit for Bottineau's improvement so I don't think it is all that overrated. They seem to be getting better as the year goes on.

Thanks for the effort on the update. My take will be West only, since that's all I see.

Minot and Bismarck are #1 and #2. Jamestown can beat either of them if they stay out of the box, get decent goaltending and their top line plays well, which they usually do. Williston is better than Bottineau at this point, but if Bottineau gets goaltending and you give a Dave Hoff team a sniff, they'll make a run at you. Depth has always been their Achilles heel, and at Regional you need to win 2 out of 3 in three consecutive days, so they need to have their legs and play well day three to get to state, which I would love to see. Century does not seem to be able to score. I have not seen Dickinson. Mandan and H/B are not going anywhere in the post-season this year.

Thanks for the effort on the update. My take will be West only, since that's all I see.

Minot and Bismarck are #1 and #2. Jamestown can beat either of them if they stay out of the box, get decent goaltending and their top line plays well, which they usually do. Williston is better than Bottineau at this point, but if Bottineau gets goaltending and you give a Dave Hoff team a sniff, they'll make a run at you. Depth has always been their Achilles heel, and at Regional you need to win 2 out of 3 in three consecutive days, so they need to have their legs and play well day three to get to state, which I would love to see. Century does not seem to be able to score. I have not seen Dickinson. Mandan and H/B are not going anywhere in the post-season this year.

In my opinion when Jamestown does the things stated above, they are better than Minot and Bismarck but Jamestown's problem is they are way too up and down, not very consistent at all. Jamestown has kind of been notorious for losing to teams they are better than but then again beating teams that they are worse than. I still see them coming into the state tournament as the 1 seed out of the west.