SiouxSports.com Forum

Just got back from Dartmouth

JESUS,family,rutgers

Just got back from Dartmouth and had a great time watching my first Fighting Sioux game--guys thanks for the win. Met some very nice North Dakota fans. A couple grads drove from the Boston, Mass. area and another older man drove several hours from Troy,NY. He said he roots for RPI and the Sioux. Loved the green Sioux jersey he had on which was the number 4 with "FROZEN" on the back instead of a player's name. Seated in front of me were a very nice couple who made the trip from Grand Forks--that is dedication! Hopefully, the Sioux will be back in the Northeast again next year or maybe for the NCAA's. The arena was small,but a great place to watch a game. I didn't hear one negative comment from fans of the other three schools and I watched almost the entire first game also. Supposedly, there was one woman "protesting" this weekend. Anyway, I went in the main entrance to the arena and never saw or heard her. There were a few guys who came over and spoke to the couple in front of me asking if people really threw gophers onto the ice when North Dakota plays Minnesota-Twin Cities! They seemed to have a perplexed look on their faces. Anyway, it was fun game to watch and hopefully the Sioux have turned things around. Thanks again North Dakota players, coaches, and fans!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

There were a few guys who came over and spoke to the couple in front of me asking if people really threw gophers onto the ice when North Dakota plays Minnesota-Twin Cities!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I can personally vouch that the answer is yes, in the Old Ralph. I know of 5 locally caught varmints that made it on the ice in one game. :silly:

Have not seen it done in the new Ralph.

Just got back from Dartmouth and had a great time watching my first Fighting Sioux game--guys thanks for the win. Met some very nice North Dakota fans. A couple grads drove from the Boston, Mass. area and another older man drove several hours from Troy,NY. He said he roots for RPI and the Sioux. Loved the green Sioux jersey he had on which was the number 4 with "FROZEN" on the back instead of a player's name. Seated in front of me were a very nice couple who made the trip from Grand Forks--that is dedication! Hopefully, the Sioux will be back in the Northeast again next year or maybe for the NCAA's. The arena was small,but a great place to watch a game. I didn't hear one negative comment from fans of the other three schools and I watched almost the entire first game also. Supposedly, there was one woman "protesting" this weekend. Anyway, I went in the main entrance to the arena and never saw or heard her. There were a few guys who came over and spoke to the couple in front of me asking if people really threw gophers onto the ice when North Dakota plays Minnesota-Twin Cities! They seemed to have a perplexed look on their faces. Anyway, it was fun game to watch and hopefully the Sioux have turned things around. Thanks again North Dakota players, coaches, and fans!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first two Sioux games, and I'm glad you could see them win! Sioux hockey is definitely an addiction!

Glad that you had a good time, JFR.

I wish Sioux-cia and I could have been there to cheer on our team with you. It's nice that you met some ND fans, and that our team won.

You must be the good luck charm we have been waiting for! Maybe you rubbed off some of the Rutgers good fortune on us!

No wonder we don't think INCH is worth the time spent reading it

"HOW WE SEE IT

As mentioned earlier, none of these teams carries positive momentum into this weekend's tournament, but all four have a chance to build that momentum for the second half by playing well and winning this title. BU edges the Saints and sets up a matchup with Dartmouth. The Big Green will win the title on home ice and set up a second-half run to mirror what they did last season, losing just one ECACHL regular-season game after the start of the new year.

No wonder we don't think INCH is worth the time spent reading it

"HOW WE SEE IT

As mentioned earlier, none of these teams carries positive momentum into this weekend's tournament, but all four have a chance to build that momentum for the second half by playing well and winning this title. BU edges the Saints and sets up a matchup with Dartmouth. The Big Green will win the title on home ice and set up a second-half run to mirror what they did last season, losing just one ECACHL regular-season game after the start of the new year.

I can personally vouch that the answer is yes, in the Old Ralph. I know of 5 locally caught varmints that made it on the ice in one game. :silly:

Have not seen it done in the new Ralph.

Let us not forget the Badger that made it to the ice in the Old Ralph. :sad:

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Very cool, Thanks for getting us those two wins out east! It is always fun to travel for Sioux hockey and meet Sioux fans from other parts of the country.

Norfh Dakota Fighting Sioux forever.