SiouxSports.com Forum

Team USA vs Germany

Siouxdonyms

embarasing loss to germany. i dont care how you look at it. just watched the game on tivo. wow. we have not had any team chemistry the last few years. valuable points that could cost them in getting in the medal round. well lee and chorney could be back very quick :huh: oh well,hope tey can pull it together. toews will light them up ???

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's Brian Lee's fault that the U.S. team couldn't score more than two goals against Germany to avoid OT? ???

Really don't think I said it was his fault for the entire game. :)

Fact is, the story of Lee getting owned by opposing forwards is a recurring theme...blast away at me if you must. :huh:

I simply think this kid is one of the most overrated defensemen in the college hockey. My opinion. :(

embarasing loss to germany. i dont care how you look at it. just watched the game on tivo. wow. we have not had any team chemistry the last few years. valuable points that could cost them in getting in the medal round. well lee and chorney could be back very quick :huh: oh well,hope tey can pull it together. toews will light them up ???

Make that three year in a row. I don't know if you guys caught it on the broadcast but announcer basically said that last season in Vancover there were players complaining about there roles on the team. Sounds like this year they don't have that problem. It would be interesting to find out who the problem childs were last season.

Really don't think I said it was his fault for the entire game. :)

Fact is, the story of Lee getting owned by opposing forwards is a recurring theme...blast away at me if you must. :huh:

I simply think this kid is one of the most overrated defensemen in the college hockey. My opinion. :(

Name some other times when Lee was walked around and cost his team the game?

So it's Brian Lee's fault that the U.S. team couldn't score more than two goals against Germany to avoid OT? :huh:

I don't think he was saying that. I believe people were saying its ironic that Lee was on the ice that let the forward go that ended up leading to the winning goal. Lee was basically invisible most of the game. I think Chourney played well.

Frankly In a way its sad to a point of being almost comical that Lee was on the ice when the goal was scored. Its probably even more funny that his player that he let skate by him scored the winning goal. Personally I don't care if we win or lose the WJC, I care more about UND hockey. But I can see where there is a theme developing here.

In the stands last week I was commenting how the Fighting Sioux were going to miss the likes Lee and Chorney and Toews because of the WJC tourney and that its a shame that they won't be heading to C.C. with there team mates. A few of the people behind me snickered and said they wish Lee had left early for the WJC tourney. Frankly I have heard this a lot this year, in fact there are many people hoping he goes to the NHL or Pros after the season.

Make that three year in a row. I don't know if you guys caught it on the broadcast but announcer basically said that last season in Vancover there were players complaining about there roles on the team. Sounds like this year they don't have that problem. It would be interesting to find out who the problem childs were last season.

They commented that this year's team was supposedly accepting roles, but I guess I didn't see it today. U.S. got down early, and all of a sudden, you had 5 or 6 different players trying to do it all yourself. I got really frustrated watching Erik Johnson trying to go end to end, and not even think about passing, just to have the puck poke checked away before he even got a shot off. Same thing happened to Jack Johnson a few times in the 3rd, as well as Patrick Kane. Even Okposo had it happen to him a few times, however, that kid simply has the moves and impressed the hell out of me! ???

They commented that this year's team was supposedly accepting roles, but I guess I didn't see it today. U.S. got down early, and all of a sudden, you had 5 or 6 different players trying to do it all yourself. I got really frustrated watching Erik Johnson trying to go end to end, and not even think about passing, just to have the puck poke checked away before he even got a shot off. Same thing happened to Jack Johnson a few times in the 3rd, as well as Patrick Kane. Even Okposo had it happen to him a few times, however, that kid simply has the moves and impressed the hell out of me! :huh:

Until USA hockey goes about it the same way Canada does its when gettting ready and preparing for WJC, USA hockey is going to continue to be an after thought in this country. The USA team has to look past the The Under 18 teams and go with the best players in the USA. Its more of beauty contest and less about hockey. I have a hard time believing Frazee is the second best goalie in under 20 usa players. The goalie from UofMiami is obviously number one on the team and played well so I wouldn't blame him. I don't think we are even top three team again this season, the USA team haven't been together long enough to get any familiarity with each other.

They commented that this year's team was supposedly accepting roles, but I guess I didn't see it today. U.S. got down early, and all of a sudden, you had 5 or 6 different players trying to do it all yourself. I got really frustrated watching Erik Johnson trying to go end to end, and not even think about passing, just to have the puck poke checked away before he even got a shot off. Same thing happened to Jack Johnson a few times in the 3rd, as well as Patrick Kane. Even Okposo had it happen to him a few times, however, that kid simply has the moves and impressed the hell out of me! ???

Okposo is an absolute stud on the ice. He is basically a middle-linebacker playing wing. I have got the pleasure of watching him play this year and he does everything well.

Good news for sioux fans is I don't see him with the Gophers next year. I think the Islanders send him to the AHL for a year and then to the big club

Okposo is an absolute stud on the ice. He is basically a middle-linebacker playing wing. I have got the pleasure of watching him play this year and he does everything well.

Good news for sioux fans is I don't see him with the Gophers next year. I think the Islanders send him to the AHL for a year and then to the big club

Cujo your right Okposo is like Cam Neely I believe better. As a Bruins fan I am excited to see a player like him.

I believe that KO will be in the NHL next season. Can you imagine him with Blake, yikes.

I haven't really watched the Gophers too much this year. I turn the games on, but obviously focus on the Sioux game. So you obviously know Okposo better than I do. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes straight to the Islanders. Today was the first time I really took the time to watch him actually play, and he's like a mix of T.J. Oshie and Zach Parise. Probably more of Parise but he has some characteristics that remind me of Oshie as well.

Cujo your right Okposo is like Cam Neely I believe better. As a Bruins fan I am excited to see a player like him.

I believe that KO will be in the NHL next season. Can you imagine him with Blake, yikes.

I don't know if I would go that far. As the ultimate Cam Neely fan, I put him pretty high on the pedestal! :huh:

I don't know if I would go that far. As the ultimate Cam Neely fan, I put him pretty high on the pedestal! :huh:

I suppose it might be a bit of a stretch too, maybe its a little pre-mature to compare him to Wham Bam Neely, but I think KO will be a power forward in the NHL. If I was a Gopher fan I would enjoy him while they can because he isn't going to be in the the WCHA very long. Maybe Okposo can carry the USA team on his back.

I haven't really watched the Gophers too much this year. I turn the games on, but obviously focus on the Sioux game. So you obviously know Okposo better than I do. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes straight to the Islanders. Today was the first time I really took the time to watch him actually play, and he's like a mix of T.J. Oshie and Zach Parise. Probably more of Parise but he has some characteristics that remind me of Oshie as well.

1/2 Parise + 1/2 Oshie = 1 Okposo---I'll take it.

I think the one reason Okposo (or any college player) would spent a year in the minors is due to the increase in number of games played. Compare a college season to an AHL or NHL schedule and it is almost double. Just with that alone conditioning and fatigue would be a major factor. Going from playing 2 games a week to 3 or 4 a week coupled with longer cross-country travel does take a toll on a guy.

Personally, I would like to see the college players stay all 4 years. Obviously that will never happen with the upper echelon players but by using all 4 years of eligibility & receiving a college degree does prepare them better for life in the NHL

I suppose it might be a bit of a stretch too, maybe its a little pre-mature to compare him to Wham Bam Neely, but I think KO will be a power forward in the NHL. If I was a Gopher fan I would enjoy him while they can because he isn't going to be in the the WCHA very long. Maybe Okposo can carry the USA team on his back.

My buddy can't figure out why I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins, and especially Ulf Samuelson. As a Sioux fan, I'll be more than happy to see Okposo to go pro as soon as possible. Is right after this tournament too early to hope for?? ???

My buddy can't figure out why I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins, and especially Ulf Samuelson. As a Sioux fan, I'll be more than happy to see Okposo to go pro as soon as possible. Is right after this tournament too early to hope for?? :huh:

I know as a Bruins Fan I am not a big fan of Ulfie either. Talk about a dirty player. I remember is knee on knee check on Neely and it basically ending the career of a promising star in the NHL.

After Okposo's hat trick against CC, I thought this same thing. He looks like a man among boys out there. Not trying to be too big of a Gopher homer but damn is Okposo good.

Also, a side note to him as well. Kind of a neat little story. His dad grew up in Nigeria and his dad's parents shipped him to the US for college in January. His dad ended up in Duluth, MN in the middle of January from Nigeria. :huh:

After Okposo's hat trick against CC, I thought this same thing. He looks like a man among boys out there. Not trying to be too big of a Gopher homer but damn is Okposo good.

Also, a side note to him as well. Kind of a neat little story. His dad grew up in Nigeria and his dad's parents shipped him to the US for college in January. His dad ended up in Duluth, MN in the middle of January from Nigeria. :huh:

I think its safe to say that Kyle is a good hockey player, no problem with your assessment. I'd love seeing him in Green and White.

http://www.download.com/TVU-Player/3000-2194_4-10584888.html

go there... download it and then install it and open it up. you'll be able to watch all the games from that program.

i'd imagine hfboards.com has a list of what games will be shown.

So. does this link mean that you can watch games from your computer? I clicked on it and then clicked download now. Then it said being transfered to a third party or something like that? I have no idea what the heck is going on! ??? Any help would be good. If this link means I can watch games on my computer then please help! :huh:

So. does this link mean that you can watch games from your computer? I clicked on it and then clicked download now. Then it said being transfered to a third party or something like that? I have no idea what the heck is going on! ??? Any help would be good. If this link means I can watch games on my computer then please help! :huh:

The link is down-loadable software that you install after download. Once installed, you'll see available channels to click and watch. NHL and NHL1 allow you to watch NHL games. The World Junior Championship is TSN's TV broadcast. The channels appears only when a game is being broadcast.

Some channels stream well, while others have problems, possibly due to the number of users. The WJC channel streamed for me much like the Sioux's dataflix broadband stream, so much freezing and skipping that it was unwatchable yesterday. It may work well for you.

I think Okposo could step right into the NHL. I agree he will probably spend time in the AHL first, but they will not keep him in the AHL all year if he dominates like he has at every level he has played in. After Crosby, I think he is the best SSM player I have seen in the last 10 years.

I think Okposo could step right into the NHL. I agree he will probably spend time in the AHL first, but they will not keep him in the AHL all year if he dominates like he has at every level he has played in. After Crosby, I think he is the best SSM player I have seen in the last 10 years.

Okposo will never play in a minor league game unless it's a rehab from injury assignment. Same with Toews.